SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - -Fun List of Sequels-

Reply to topic
_Maximo_
-Fun List of Sequels-
Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 12:14 am
These following titles will probably never see the light of day, unless some good hearted programmer make them..

The following list is games of SMS, that never had a sequel, and that i would love to see one.. :), i even suggested some sub-titles..

- Blade Eagle II
- Hero 2000 (Ok, this is a SG-1000 one.. but do i care ? do i ?)
- Psycho Fox II - Metamorphis Madness (new animals would rock!!)
- RC Grand Prix II (ok, ok , but i do like this game.. flame me.:)
- Rygar II
- Vigilante II - Quest for *something* (some japanese sword.. sounds familiar ??.. hehe..lol )
- Zaxxon II (no comments on this. Love is all.)
- Altered Beast 2 - Rescue of Athenas (hey, i have live ok.. i just wrote the history line of this, because i used to play this game a lot..)
- Thunder Blade 2000

flame me.. but sega surely forget these titles on newer consoles, and focuses on Sonic, Alex Kidd (DC version where is??) and Phantasy Star (SMS Kills all others..)

Hey sega, remake these titles.. get the same team and go for it..

*same team, probably will keep same original spirit...

_Maximo_
IH8N

Consolemu
Here's a nice flame...
Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 3:32 am
> - Blade Eagle II

I'm sorry but I don't like this game. I just can't get into it.

> - Hero 2000 (Ok, this is a SG-1000 one.. but do i care ? do
i ?)

This is a game made by Activision, not Sega. So take it out with them, okay?

> - Psycho Fox II - Metamorphis Madness (new animals would rock!!)

This too was created by a Japanese company and distributed by Sega.

> - RC Grand Prix II (ok, ok , but i do like this game.. flame me.:)

No, I won't flame you. RC Grand Prix II is a nice copy clone to Rare's R.C. Pro AM series on the NES and Genesis.

> - Rygar II

Hello!!? Tecmo! You know, those guys who made the neat Ninja Gaiden series and our modern day Dead or Alive 2 for the DC?

> - Vigilante II - Quest for *something* (some japanese sword.. sounds familiar ??.. hehe..lol )

Damn, do you even read the title screens? There's a huge label as soon as you shut the system on! Ever wonder what IREM means? Yep, that's the company who wrote the blockbuster Arcade version. Sega along with them Wrote the cheesy Master System version. I'm sorry but the controls are bad, the collision detection is bad, the quality of the music is worse, even with the Yamaha enhancement.

> - Zaxxon II (no comments on this. Love is all.)

Zaxxon!? That game is boring and repetitive. I just can't get into it.

> - Altered Beast 2 - Rescue of Athenas (hey, i have live ok.. i just wrote the history line of this, because i used to play this game a lot..)

I'll give you that. It was a monster in the Arcades and the Genesis version. I was thinking of making a sequel but there's not too much more you can do to that game. It's repetive, has loose controls, not so good collision detection, but the music and the animation is nice :o)

> - Thunder Blade 2000

Now you're talking! I guess I can calm down now. Why in the hell didn't they make any more versions of this game!? I loved it! I actually like the Master System version better than the Genesis version. I still haven't played the Arcade version though.

>
> flame me.. but sega surely forget these titles on newer consoles, and focuses on Sonic, Alex Kidd (DC version where is??) and Phantasy Star (SMS Kills all others..)

Man, I need to be the one to create a game list. I know a ton of stuff on companies and Master system spin-offs and games.

> Hey sega, remake these titles.. get the same team and go for it..

I don't think anyone working for Sega would step foot in a place like this...Not unless they had balls of steel.

> *same team, probably will keep same original spirit...

I dunno. Back then those guys were in their late 20s, wrote games under Z80s, early VDPs, and a single PSG chip. I think all of the pressure of today's types of technology and programming would make them scared and run back to the nursing home :o)

j/k Yeah, that would be cool (If Sega could round up all those people again)

Chris :o)

_Maximo_
Re: Here's a nice flame... > damn you sure can flame.. lol..
Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 2:21 am
> > - Blade Eagle II
> I'm sorry but I don't like this game. I just can't get into it.

why is cool, good gameplay, not as good as r-type sure, but cool bosses, and nice 3d fx . :) i like

> > - Hero 2000 (Ok, this is a SG-1000 one.. but do i care ? do > i ?)
> This is a game made by Activision, not Sega. So take it out with them, okay?

i know, but i like it too much... i played a lot on the a2600 and on sg-1000... and i want at least a dx version of it, would rocks..

> > - Psycho Fox II - Metamorphis Madness (new animals would rock!!)
> This too was created by a Japanese company and distributed by Sega.

hmm this is interesting.. i always think this was a sega original.. but again, the gameplay and good controls
got me into.. badly into.. :)

> > - RC Grand Prix II (ok, ok , but i do like this game.. flame me.:)
> No, I won't flame you. RC Grand Prix II is a nice copy clone to Rare's R.C. Pro AM series on the NES and Genesis.
yeah, but i had the sms version in the early days, and used to play with my father and brother in 3 player mode.. (tears of memory..., hey nice title.:)

> > - Rygar II
> Hello!!? Tecmo! You know, those guys who made the neat Ninja Gaiden series and our modern day Dead or Alive 2 for the DC?
i know!!! i know!!!! sorry for that, stupid, lame and whatever else mistake... i just got into making the list.. remembered this game, and put it into..

> > - Vigilante II - Quest for *something* (some japanese sword.. sounds familiar ??.. hehe..lol )
> Damn, do you even read the title screens?
no, i don't read, i prefer to press start and begin gaming. :)) , ok the truth, i read.. irem is great..
> There's a huge label as soon as you shut the system on! Ever wonder what IREM means? Yep, that's the company who wrote the blockbuster Arcade version. Sega along with them Wrote the cheesy Master System version. I'm sorry but the controls are bad, the collision detection is bad, the quality of the music is worse, even with the Yamaha enhancement.
i like this game.. i think ( or at least was thinking ) it was good, nice graphics.. and easy to finish..:))
the reason why i put vigilante up in the list... nice question.. :)

> > - Zaxxon II (no comments on this. Love is all.)
> Zaxxon!? That game is boring and repetitive. I just can't get into it.
boring and repetitive ??!?!?! point of disagreee here... this game rocks.. a entire cool game..
the 3d version for sms is great.. and sg-1000 version is good enough to me.... lol

> > - Altered Beast 2 - Rescue of Athenas (hey, i have live ok.. i just wrote the history line of this, because i used to play this game a lot..)
> I'll give you that. It was a monster in the Arcades and the Genesis version. I was thinking of making a sequel but there's not too much more you can do to that game. It's repetive, has loose controls, not so good collision detection, but the music and the animation is nice :o)
true.. but i don't know.. maybe a non-self scrolling gameplay.. (it will reminds last battle on genesis though.)

> > - Thunder Blade 2000
> Now you're talking! I guess I can calm down now. Why in the hell didn't they make any more versions of this game!? I loved it! I actually like the Master System version better than the Genesis version. I still haven't played the Arcade version though.
oh yeah.. this game is absolutely amazing.. i agree with you.. sms version kicks ass more than gen one.. (which is not bad ), i remember playing the arcade i long time ago.. but can't compare, after all it was damn too much time..

> >
> > flame me.. but sega surely forget these titles on newer consoles, and focuses on Sonic, Alex Kidd (DC version where is??) and Phantasy Star (SMS Kills all others..)
> Man, I need to be the one to create a game list. I know a ton of stuff on companies and Master system spin-offs and games.

yeah.. i can see that. :)..

> > Hey sega, remake these titles.. get the same team and go for it..
> I don't think anyone working for Sega would step foot in a place like this...Not unless they had balls of steel.

yeah, its damn dangerous..

> > *same team, probably will keep same original spirit...
> I dunno. Back then those guys were in their late 20s, wrote games under Z80s, early VDPs, and a single PSG chip. I think all of the pressure of today's types of technology and programming would make them scared and run back to the nursing home :o)
hmmm, and if not, they would make the great sequels the world ever see.. i want to believe..

> j/k Yeah, that would be cool (If Sega could round up all those people again)
> Chris :o)

needless to say...
you can flame badly.. but is allowed...
and i don't really care..

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!