Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS/GG games with slowdown...

Reply to topic
vecna
SMS/GG games with slowdown...
Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 6:34 am
I was recently fooling around, and realized that MOST games use vretrace for timing, and don't break if the ICount is changed to something totally out of whack (like making the CPU 7mhz instead of 3.6 mhz). The obvious upshot is that it eliminates game 'slowdown'. unfortunately, after my initial excitement at this discovery, I shortly realized that, strikingly few SMS games _have_ slowdown. The only games I can think of really are R-Type and Aleste GG. Can any of you guys think of any others that I can try this trick out with? :)

- vecna

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 11:19 pm
> I was recently fooling around, and realized that MOST games use vretrace for timing, and don't break if the ICount is changed to something totally out of whack (like making the CPU 7mhz instead of 3.6 mhz). The obvious upshot is that it eliminates game 'slowdown'. unfortunately, after my initial excitement at this discovery, I shortly realized that, strikingly few SMS games _have_ slowdown. The only games I can think of really are R-Type and Aleste GG. Can any of you guys think of any others that I can try this trick out with? :)

Well, there's power strike (aleste) for master system.
Um, intersting, sms games seemed to always run out of sprites before it ran out of CPU time for behavior routines.

Ah...

I think Danan Jungle Fighter gets a bit of slowdown. Or maybe I was just bored playing it.

This might be a good question for the main board.
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 5:38 pm
try road rash. i know that you can up the cpu speed in genecyst for the megadrive versions which makes the game smoother than a real system, might also apply to sms/gg versions?

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!