SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - sg1000 eprom carts!?

Reply to topic
Limbs a Flyin'
sg1000 eprom carts!?
Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 1:16 am
well, i finaly got my boxed sg1000 and 16 boxed carts, but it wasnt quite what i thought i would be..

half of the games were the real deal (a couple of them a bit buggy, maybe time has taken its toll on the rom chips?) but the other half all came in basic level II/III boxes, and are home made(?) eprom copies! almost all ofthem are corrupted from time i guess, but one of them that sort of still works is one that someone put a little switch on the back that switches between yamoto and video flipper (i think thats its name).

these old eproms, they dont contain any usable games , so if i had a burner could i pop the eproms in it and then stick them back into the carts, effectivly restoring the pirated contents (unless these were proto/demo boards?).
i guess people will be wanting me to take scans of the things, but i only have a bw hand scanner, but ill give it a go

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 8:46 am
> well, i finaly got my boxed sg1000 and 16 boxed carts,

*Grin* I'm jealous :|

>but it wasnt quite what i thought i would be.. half of the games were the real deal (a couple of them a bit buggy, maybe time has taken its toll on the rom chips?) but the other half all came in basic level II/III boxes, and are home made(?) eprom copies! almost all ofthem are corrupted from time i guess, but one of them that sort of still works is one that someone put a little switch on the back that switches between yamoto and video flipper (i think thats its name).

Interesting. Does that cartridge contains one or two ROM/EPROMs chips?

> these old eproms, they dont contain any usable games , so if i had a burner could i pop the eproms in it and then stick them back into the carts, effectivly restoring the pirated contents (unless these were proto/demo boards?).

They should be dumped, to see what they are.
Do you have the same bugs everytime to plug the same cartridge?
What I'm trying to know is if the data were altered, or if something in the whole cartridge (maybe even bad connectors) make data hardly readable.
Cleans your connectors.
Do you have access to an EPROM reader, or a dumper?
These cartridges should be dumpable using a Japanese Megadrive with a copier and the Japanese Mark 3 adaptors.

> i guess people will be wanting me to take scans of the things, but i only have a bw hand scanner, but ill give it a go

Thanks. Scan whatever you can, also see if there is informations on the EPROMs chipsets, etc..

Zoop (still wondering why he doesn't live in Australia ;)
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 2:16 pm
[snip]
> Zoop (still wondering why he doesn't live in Australia ;)

i dont live in freakin' Oz! I live in New Zealand! thats the second time you said that.. i noticed you called the windows for gg guy an aussie as well, but we're 'across the ditch' from Australia.

that being said, with such a puny population means that many systems were never distributed here in the first place, or had significantly lesser distribution than 'popular' items eg nes/snes stuff (!!) which is largly only available as ex rental (cut up the box to fold it over a vhs cassette case).

whoops, i guess next time i post i had better include some cartridge info and the like

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 5:04 pm
>> Zoop (still wondering why he doesn't live in Australia ;)
> i dont live in freakin' Oz! I live in New Zealand! thats the second time you said that.. i noticed you called the windows for gg guy an aussie as well, but we're 'across the ditch' from Australia.

My bad! Sorry again.

New Zealand is not Australia.. New Zealand is not Australia.. I'm dumb.. New Zealand is not Australia..
Should now be in my mind.
Victor Kemp
Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 4:57 am
> these old eproms, they dont contain any usable games , so if i had a burner could i pop the eproms in it and then stick them back into the carts, effectivly restoring the pirated contents (unless these were proto/demo boards?).

What kind of EPROM are they? I've got a burner for most 26/28 pin DIP ones so I could mail you a couple if you want.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!