SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - GG Translations

Reply to topic
Ellum
GG Translations
Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2000 9:11 pm
Hi everyone, I'm posting here as Zoop reccomended to me about finding some help so that I might continue something I started and gave up on long ago... a translation of Game Gear Shining Force 3 (SF Gaiden: The Final Conflict).

This is as far as I know the only shining game that wasn't released in the US adn personally I think i'ts quite cool. How far did I get back when I was working on it? Well I created an english font for it, translated all the commands and a few random items and spells. My friend translated the intro for me and I stuck the text in. Where did I get stuck? Well I'm not exactly overflowing with info (or ability) on figuring out things like text compression and I can't dump the script or write anything to insert it. I know I took on more than I could handle, but I was just messing around with it at the time since no one had ever done a translation of a GG game at the point i'd stared.

What am I interested in? Someone overflowing with the know how to do neat little tricks like expand the rom, write something to dump and insert text, etc. I can get people to translate the text once I have it dumped no problem and I don't mind going through the task of inserting text entirly by myself into the game. So if this sounds liek a project that anyone is intersted in, please contact me. I will definitely see it through to the end if I can get the help I need, and I would like to work on other games in the future, such as translating the excellent royal stone.

Hope to hear some respnses :)

Oh and if you're a Sega fan (assuming you are since you're here) you might want to check out my site as well if you have't already! It's Sega Haven and the link is below.

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2000 11:07 pm
> This is as far as I know the only shining game that wasn't released in the US

Shining Force Gaiden 1 and 3 for GG weren't translated to english, actually. Not only the third (which is better than the first if you are hesitating about which one to start with ^_^)
Ellum
Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2000 4:16 am

> Shining Force Gaiden 1 and 3 for GG weren't translated to english, actually

Well Shining Force Gaiden 1 was released as part of Shining Force CD, which contains Sega CD upgraded versions of GG shining force Gaiden 1 and 2 and 2 seperate mini quests after those. So while the GG version of the game wasnt translated, it IS available in english, for Sega CD :) Which is why I wanna work on part 3 :)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!