SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Genesis Shooters

Reply to topic
Consolemu
Genesis Shooters
Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2000 8:28 pm
Can anyone name all the shooters for the Genesis? Like which ones are good or bad? So far, I've played a few and here's what I think.

Thunder Force 2: I don't know what the hell is going on
Thunder Force 3: Kinda cool, but too many sprites
Thunder Force 4: Pretty cool, but I can't see cause there's too many things moving around. Nice Music.

Aleste: Strange, fast paced. But too much shit flying around. I collected 30 power ups and my gun still sucked.

Atomic Runner: Nice variety! I like it!
Cross Fire: Looks like an old IBM PC shareware game. Sucks.

Eliminate Down: I hate the way enemies come from everywhere! I hate having to constantly switch my guns. I would've liked it if A shot backwards, B shot up and down, and C did rear.

Grind Stormer: Pretty nice but the screen is too small. I wish the sprites were smaller. But it's a nice game. Music is kinda boring though.

Hell Fire: Not bad but that same damn switching guns crap. It almost seems like a prequel to Eliminate Down.

Gaiares: Pretty cool. I like the search/recieve weapon thing. I like it, but sometimes I can't tell what's going on.

Jewel Master: Excellent game! Good music! Nice pace!

Super Thunder Blade: Terrible Collision Detection!!! Sloppy Controls. I actually enjoy playing the Master System version more than this one. Ugh!

Rolling Thunder 2: Nice but I like the Arcade version better.

Rolling Thunder 3: Nice variety of weapons and challenges. Pretty good game.

Are there any other shooters out there for the genesis that I don't know about or are really good? If I'm missing any please let me know.

Chris :o)

Consolemu
Also...
Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2000 3:22 am
I forgot about two more games...

Space Harrier 2: Responsive controls, descent graphics, okay bosses but the music and the gameplay is repetitive and boring. Okay difficulty.

Phelios: Excellent, excellent shooter! Nice controls, unique concept (This one takes place in acient Greece with the Greek Gods and Mythology), responsive controls, nice music, nice graphics. I bet there's an Arcade version that I don't know about...

Chris :o)

• Site Admin
what the hell does this have to do with s8-dev?
Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2000 4:44 am
> Can anyone name all the shooters for the Genesis? Like which ones are good or bad? So far, I've played a few and here's what I think.

There's quite a bit more than that.
Chris, we've been answering your coding questions even though they tend not to have anything to do with the sms, or sega in general (posting your visual basic tetris source code? for instance).
But this has absolutely no relevance in this part of the board. Take it to the main forum or genesis power.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!