Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Scans needed?

Reply to topic
Scans needed?
Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:17 pm
Just checking in to make sure I won't be duplicating anyones efforts (I know Bock's scanning some Mark III stuff), but I can provide better scans of:
Super racing MKIII, Lord of sword MKIII, Solomon's key MKIII, Bank panic SG-1000, and Pit Pot MKIII.

For the "windowed" My Card boxes, would you prefer the card be in the box so it shows up in the scan?

And Maxim, did you get the SMS catalog scans I sent?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:45 pm
> Just checking in to make sure I won't be duplicating anyones efforts (I know Bock's scanning some Mark III stuff), but I can provide better scans of:
> Super racing MKIII, Lord of sword MKIII, Solomon's key MKIII, Bank panic SG-1000, and Pit Pot MKIII.

If you scanner is good, any improved picture is welcome. My old scans were ugly due to very bad colors (see Akai Koudan Zillion, Anmitsu Hime). Now I got a fair scanner.

Just be sure to make them of good quality, keep the original high-res version somewhere, and if you can, apply some filtering or low opacity flood fill on region with same color. Do you know any good filter which does that ?

Upcoming scans I made (not yet added by Maxim) are here: http://www.smspower.org/scans/incoming/
How do you like them ?
I'm never satisfied with scans, but I presume if we can get everything at the same quality level, it'll be already pretty good.

> For the "windowed" My Card boxes, would you prefer the card be in the box so it shows up in the scan?

I... don't know. You must give try various ways. Scanning the plastic window will make it looks very ugly in any case. Perhaps a mockup could do it ?

> And Maxim, did you get the SMS catalog scans I sent?

Which catalog do you have? The only US catalog I have is the 1986 one. Is there any others?

Other french catalogs I have (just to let you know):
SMS 1990, SMS 1992, SMS 1992-1993, SMS "Le cinema", SMS "Les sports", SMS "Les sports 93-94". Plus some cheats books that looks like catalogs.
Also have french GG 1992, GG 1992-1993, GG 1993 catalogs.
Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:09 pm
> > For the "windowed" My Card boxes, would you prefer the card be in the box so it shows up in the scan?

> I... don't know. You must give try various ways. Scanning the plastic window will make it looks very ugly in any case. Perhaps a mockup could do it ?

Maybe it's best to just un-fold the box, scan it, and also include a nice seperate scan of the card

> > And Maxim, did you get the SMS catalog scans I sent?

> Which catalog do you have? The only US catalog I have is the 1986 one. Is there any others?

Yes, there was the 1986 catalog, and a rarer spring/summer '87 catalog that's twice as big. Actually, I just sent the link to Maxim, as they were too big to include in an e-mail. You can see what I scanned by going here: http://raccoonlad.topcities.com/catalogs/
  • Site Admin
Suggestion
Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:49 am
> > Which catalog do you have? The only US catalog I have is the 1986 one. Is there any others?

> Yes, there was the 1986 catalog, and a rarer spring/summer '87 catalog that's twice as big. Actually, I just sent the link to Maxim, as they were too big to include in an e-mail. You can see what I scanned by going here: http://raccoonlad.topcities.com/catalogs/

You should try flood filling the various area with some tolerance and a low opacity white (same white as on the picture). Not only it makes pictures cleaner but also a little smaller.

World War III ; yeah !
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:23 am
> And Maxim, did you get the SMS catalog scans I sent?

Nope :/ I got them now...

Maxim
world war III
Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:08 pm

> World War III ; yeah !

I'm pretty sure that must have been the working title for Missile Defense 3-D... Unless Sega was planning another game that used both 3-D and the Light Phaser.

And that art for Gangster Town... Is that from Machine Gun Joe?
  • Site Admin
Re: world war III
Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:36 pm
Will you try hand-messing with the scans to make them cleaner? I was also hoping for an answer about cleaning filter. I am pretty sure that those filter exist, but can't find them :)

> > World War III ; yeah !

> I'm pretty sure that must have been the working title for Missile Defense 3-D... Unless Sega was planning another game that used both 3-D and the Light Phaser.

The description seems to fit Missile Defense 3-D.

> And that art for Gangster Town... Is that from Machine Gun Joe?

Yes.
  • Site Admin
Cleaning filter
Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:39 am
> Will you try hand-messing with the scans to make them cleaner? I was also hoping for an answer about cleaning filter. I am pretty sure that those filter exist, but can't find them :)

Well... this seems like it might be good for fixing faded colours; I came across it on a certain *cough* software download page I visit sometimes. Let me know if you'd like the URL. There are some other products on that site that might help, but they're far from free.

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Re: Cleaning filter
Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:45 am
> > Will you try hand-messing with the scans to make them cleaner? I was also hoping for an answer about cleaning filter. I am pretty sure that those filter exist, but can't find them :)

> Well... this seems like it might be good for fixing faded colours;

How does it perform on game scans?
(It seems to be oriented toward working on photos)

> I came across it on a certain *cough* software download page
> I visit sometimes. Let me know if you'd like the URL.
> There are some other products on that site that might help,
> but they're far from free.

I wouldn't mind if you accidentally sent me the URL by e-mail *cough*
If it's really good, I'll consider buying it when I'll get a real salary (right now I'm going to be exploited for six months, yeah!)
NEW SCANS ADDED
Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:51 am
To Maxim, or whoever's interested.

http://raccoonlad.topcities.com/catalogs/

I added a few more scans to the catalogs directory on my site for the SMSPower museum.
They're pretty much self explanitory as to what they are, exept for "Ghostblue" which is a late release US Ghostbusters box, which came with a blue label Ghostbusters cart.
  • Site Admin
THE POWER OF ROTATION
Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:49 pm
> To Maxim, or whoever's interested.

Maxim is falling over VGM and scans submission nowadays :| I'm not sure I can help myself however.

> http://raccoonlad.topcities.com/catalogs/

Good!
Take it as a gentle suggestion, but you may want to rotate some pictures a bit. What I do usually is to enable a grid in enable, and attempt to rotate by entering values manually until the picture seems to match the grid.

(eg: Solomon no Kagi and Lord of Sword could be counter-clockwise rotated by 0.x%)

(life) PS: Keith, I missed the post office :P But in exchange I made a nice looking package. It'll be sent tomorrow morning. (/life)
B.M. Pott
Re: world war III Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:01 pm
Now = no "w"

BUMP
Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 am
So I have a booklet from Great Volley that lists this World War III game.

Where are the scans this thread is about ? The off site is broken.
Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 am
Ok, here: http://www.smspower.org/Scans/Sega-Catalogue-GameCatalogSpringSummer1987?gallery...

!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!