SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wanted: Japanese BIOS ROM and FM sound schematics

Reply to topic
Wanted: Japanese BIOS ROM and FM sound schematics
Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 9:32 pm
Hello there,

I'm looking for a dump of the BIOS ROM from the Japanese Master System. I'd also like to get hold of any schematics or diagrams of the FM sound module inside the Japanese SMS - can anyone help?

Muchly appreciated,

Mike
vecna
Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 10:03 pm
> I'm looking for a dump of the BIOS ROM from the Japanese Master System. I'd also like to get hold of any schematics or diagrams of the FM sound module inside the Japanese SMS - can anyone help?

I'd be happy to get my hands on any of the SMS BIOS ROMs, period, especially the older US one with the snail game. The MEKA documentation says Zoop was originally going to try to "simulate" it, but he found that someone had already dumped it... I'm surprised it's not available on the SMS Power ROMs section. Anyone have any leads on this?

Regarding the FM sound module, there are programming docs in the technical document section here... As far as actual schematics, I have no idea.

- vecna

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2000 6:12 am
> > I'm looking for a dump of the BIOS ROM from the Japanese Master System. I'd also like to get hold of any schematics or diagrams of the FM sound module inside the Japanese SMS - can anyone help?

> I'd be happy to get my hands on any of the SMS BIOS ROMs, period, especially the older US one with the snail game. The MEKA documentation says Zoop was originally going to try to "simulate" it, but he found that someone had already dumped it... I'm surprised it's not available on the SMS Power ROMs section. Anyone have any leads on this?

I've been tempted to try to extract it from the Meka executable, but I've been too lame to do this just yet.
For now, Zoop continues to hoard it for himself.
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 1:39 pm
> > > I'm looking for a dump of the BIOS ROM from the Japanese Master System. I'd also like to get hold of any schematics or diagrams of the FM sound module inside the Japanese SMS - can anyone help?

> > I'd be happy to get my hands on any of the SMS BIOS ROMs, period, especially the older US one with the snail game. The MEKA documentation says Zoop was originally going to try to "simulate" it, but he found that someone had already dumped it... I'm surprised it's not available on the SMS Power ROMs section. Anyone have any leads on this?

> I've been tempted to try to extract it from the Meka executable, but I've been too lame to do this just yet.
> For now, Zoop continues to hoard it for himself.

Check out the Meka.dat file...... all his BIOS suff is hidden in there....

~unfnknblvbl
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!