Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Better grab a drink (My Biography)

Reply to topic
Chris
Better grab a drink (My Biography)
Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2000 7:43 pm
Hello :o)

My name is Chris Francis. I am 16 years old and I was born and raised in the United States. I first discovered video games back in 1987 when my mom bought the Sega Master System for my brother. I spent countless hours playing Hang-On/Astro Warrior, Black Belt, Shinobi, and Thunder Blade in my youth. Then, I think in Christmas 1990, I got my NES. My first games were The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Wheel of Fortune (Family Edition), Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Super C, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and some others. Then 2 years later, after arguing with my brother on how kick ass the SNES was, I wound up with the Sega Genesis. I had Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (when it first came out!!), Streets of Rage 2 (When it first came out!!!), Ex Mutants (This has yet to be dumped), and some others. Finally in 1995, I got the SNES (I missed it during it's hay-day). I had Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Actraiser 2 (I have yet to beat that damn game), and some other ones I can't remember. Then I got had an N64 with Mortal Kombat 4 in 1998 but I traded that for the Playstation in a couple months (I discovered the N64 sucked) and for the PSX I had Namco Collection: Volume 4, Atari's Greatest Arcade Hits, Soul Blade, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, and Metal Gear Solid. I recently got the Dreamcast with Soul Calibur. Why am I including all this video game stuff in my biography? I dunno, I guess that's mostly what I've done my whole life and it's been a major contributor as to why I love games and games programming.

Moving along, I began programming back in 1997 and I joined a local programming group, called Explorer Post 227, later on that year. I started out in Qbasic, fiddling around with LINE and PSET, drawing little designs on the screen. Then I got invoved with game programming and myself, along with my friends at the post, wrote our very first full, working game called Area 227; which was like a space invaders type game. All the graphics were bitmapped and I wrote our little PC speaker sound engine and I made up the sound effects. Ever since, I've been merely dabbing with programming. I moved from Qbasic to Visual Basic and then to C. After I learned C, I moved to OPP with C++ and this is where I am today. I'm currently experiementing with Assembly and emulation/game programming. Throughout the course of time that I've been programming, I've written several little "mini" games and demos to brush up on my skills and to learn new things. Besides my game, that's the only major project I've worked on. I'm currently experimenting with a little NES emulator that I'm writing. Mabye it will turn out good and I'll someday show it off to the world. Mabye it won't. Who knows?

Chris :o)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!