Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka Ported to Xbox

Reply to topic
Meka Ported to Xbox
Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:42 am
Just wanted to bring it to peoples attention, for those who don't follow Xbox development.

Xport, the guy who's ported about a million emulators has released version 1 of MekaX. Here's a link to the story on Xbox-Scene.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEuElFVuVpNfFsvpgM.php

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a lot of features are included.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:23 pm
Well, I'd be interested in being able to AT LEAST obtains a binary or source code, but I can't find anything on that site neither from their forum thread.

All features listed are not from MEKA, I suppose he has a generic backend to which he plugs emulators. I'd be curious to know what he scrapped from MEKA, if he kept GUI, database, savestates compatibility, debugger tools, and other things, or if he just butchered out the emulation part with no considering of providing of a patch to keep XBOX port up to date.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:08 pm
Your analysis seems about right.

Binaries and source are hidden because he is using an official XBox SDK - the binaries are probably available in newsgroups and/or on IRC, but I didn't find anything useful yet.

On a side note: while searching I came across a few hits for a young lady called "Meka Johnson", who has performed in some questionable movies. Finding "Meka Loves Cock" in your search results is somewhat unexpected...
Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:11 pm
Maxim wrote
Your analysis seems about right.

Binaries and source are hidden because he is using an official XBox SDK - the binaries are probably available in newsgroups and/or on IRC, but I didn't find anything useful yet.

That's true about the XDK. And the binary... its available via IRC.
Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:23 am
Bock wrote
Well, I'd be interested in being able to AT LEAST obtains a binary or source code, but I can't find anything on that site neither from their forum thread.

Around the scene, they say you get things from the usual places.

Bock wrote
All features listed are not from MEKA, I suppose he has a generic backend to which he plugs emulators. I'd be curious to know what he scrapped from MEKA, if he kept GUI, database, savestates compatibility, debugger tools, and other things, or if he just butchered out the emulation part with no considering of providing of a patch to keep XBOX port up to date.

It's pretty standard for an Xport emulator to have a given set of features, and your last comment about butchering seems pretty likely. All the files from a normal Meka release are there i.e. .thm .msg .pat, but are likely unused.

So, no GUI, at least not in the meka sense, it's a common skin system for all Xport emus. Savestates - maybe intact, if you wished to copy some states of your computer, they might work, if they're put in the right place. Debugger - no. Database, the files are there but as I said, not used.
Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:22 am
DMEnduro wrote
Just wanted to bring it to peoples attention, for those who don't follow Xbox development.

Xport, the guy who's ported about a million emulators has released version 1 of MekaX. Here's a link to the story on Xbox-Scene.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEuElFVuVpNfFsvpgM.php

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a lot of features are included.

I have tried it and other xport ports for emulators
several months back

anyways its really awesome, has sonic the hedgehog
on the front screen, yet i still have my sega master system
working functionally and 45 games. lol
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!