Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Beta testers?

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Beta testers?
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:52 pm
If you download the new plugin here (46KB) then you should then be able to:

- Play files at any rate (recorded speed, force 50Hz, force 60Hz, or force any speed - last three only work on files with their rate set in the recent VGMTool release)

- Play files directly from URLs, if you have Win98 or later, or Win95 with IE3 or later

The second one is the one more in need of testing, so... after installing, click on any of these links:

Wonder Boy III - the Dragon's Trap
Out Run 3D
Sonic the Hedgehog (3 tracks only)
Psycho Fox (complete except for SFX over ending music)

Those last two are exclusives :) to encourage some testing. All of them support the rate changing. You'll need to be online for them to work. If all is as it should be, the links should open Winamp without asking for confirmation, and download each file when it comes to play it. After that, the files should be reloaded from the browser cache.

If there aren't too many horrible errors I'll probably release this as version 0.12, although I'm hoping to get FM kludged in via another DLL.

Maxim
  • Site Admin
Fixed link
Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:54 pm
> If you download the new plugin here (46KB)

That's the one... I tested all of them but this one...

Maxim
LeRock
Re: Great, just great !!!
Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 1:05 am
Why not begin a sms shoutcast radiostation !
I tested all of them at 50hz and they sound great

> If you download the new plugin here (46KB) then you should then be able to:

> - Play files at any rate (recorded speed, force 50Hz, force 60Hz, or force any speed - last three only work on files with their rate set in the recent VGMTool release)

> - Play files directly from URLs, if you have Win98 or later, or Win95 with IE3 or later

> The second one is the one more in need of testing, so... after installing, click on any of these links:

> Wonder Boy III - the Dragon's Trap
> Out Run 3D
> Sonic the Hedgehog (3 tracks only)
> Psycho Fox (complete except for SFX over ending music)

> Those last two are exclusives :) to encourage some testing. All of them support the rate changing. You'll need to be online for them to work. If all is as it should be, the links should open Winamp without asking for confirmation, and download each file when it comes to play it. After that, the files should be reloaded from the browser cache.

> If there aren't too many horrible errors I'll probably release this as version 0.12, although I'm hoping to get FM kludged in via another DLL.

> Maxim

• Site Admin
Re: Great, just great !!!
Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 1:15 am
> Why not begin a sms shoutcast radiostation !

Well... this isn't streaming VGM, it's downloading the files completely before playing them. It's an important difference unfortunately. However, you could use VGMs with Shoutcast... the same as you can use WAVs and audio cds with it. Nobody would listen, that's all...

> I tested all of them at 50hz and they sound great

Excellent! Anyone wanting to "upgrade" VGMs to be playable at different rates, drop the VGM (not VGZ) onto VGM Tool, enter 60 in the rate box and click on Write, that's all that's needed.

Maxim
Shaka
Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 1:56 am
> If you download the new plugin here (46KB)

-- Done!

then you should then be able to:

> - Play files at any rate (recorded speed, force 50Hz, force 60Hz, or force any speed - last three only work on files with their rate set in the recent VGMTool release)

-- That's true.. i'm able to do it..

> - Play files directly from URLs, if you have Win98 or later, or Win95 with IE3 or later

--Worked fine..
i liked the speed of the download too.. pretty cool..

> The second one is the one more in need of testing, so... after installing, click on any of these links:

Sonic the Hedgehog (3 tracks only)

did it.. btw.. i also downloaded the files locally.. :) (me lazy to rip filez..)

Psycho Fox (complete except for SFX over ending music)

see comments about sonic.. :)

> Those last two are exclusives :) to encourage some testing. All of them support the rate changing. You'll need to be online for them to work. If all is as it should be, the links should open Winamp without asking for confirmation, and download each file when it comes to play it. After that, the files should be reloaded from the browser cache.

yep..
pretty cool..
nice way to hiding filez from your boss btw.. :)
hehe

> If there aren't too many horrible errors I'll probably release this as version 0.12, although I'm hoping to get FM kludged in via another DLL.

i don't noticed any major or minor bug at all..
so.. from my eyes is good enough for a release..

--Shaka

> Maxim

LeRock
Re: I would listen to sms shoutcast if I'm in a "sms" mood :) *nt*
Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2001 2:01 pm
> > Why not begin a sms shoutcast radiostation !

> Well... this isn't streaming VGM, it's downloading the files completely before playing them. It's an important difference unfortunately. However, you could use VGMs with Shoutcast... the same as you can use WAVs and audio cds with it. Nobody would listen, that's all...

> > I tested all of them at 50hz and they sound great

> Excellent! Anyone wanting to "upgrade" VGMs to be playable at different rates, drop the VGM (not VGZ) onto VGM Tool, enter 60 in the rate box and click on Write, that's all that's needed.

> Maxim

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!