SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Writing Trainers for SMS / GG

Reply to topic
MUG U.K(tm)
Writing Trainers for SMS / GG
Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 6:48 pm

Is there any source code similar to the ones I use for making trainers on the Atari ST whereby a front-end with all the options is presented to the user and the values are then poked into the original program code, the program is then relocated back to the original loading address and the game run ?

I've done a few trainers for the SMS so far, but it involves hacking away in a dead listing, altering a byte or 3, then testing the game out and once it all works, making an IPS patch.

Is there a faster way (built-in Meka debugger similar to the one in PacifiST?) or anything to make the job easier ?

I used to use (and still do occasionally) an Atari program called Easyrider that allowed you to disassemble and alter the labels of routines you could work out, data areas etc. and then save out the source listing .. is there one for SMS/GG or Z80 in general ? I am using D280 for Windows at the moment .. and nice as it is, a little more SMS/GG knowledge in the program would make it even better.

Look forward to your comments / hints.

JMD
Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 8:22 pm
Hello :)

If you want a good SMS/GG debugger, try out Calypso. http://www.tel.uva.es/~jdelmen

Saludos,

JMD

MUG U.K(tm)
Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2000 10:07 pm
> Hello :)

> If you want a good SMS/GG debugger, try out Calypso. http://www.tel.uva.es/~jdelmen

>
> Saludos,

> JMD

Using it a bit now .. except I cannot find which key on the keyboard corresponds to Start for the Gamegear ? I can control the games and work on the training with this tool a lot easier once I can play the games (assuming Gamegear emulation is in there fully) .. tried to use it to do Battletoads and ended up hacking it by hand from a dead-listing again.

Posted all my trainers to alt.binaries.emulators.sega for those who are interested.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!