Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Japanese Master System dumps done soon?

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Japanese Master System dumps done soon?
Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:19 pm
Dumped a stack of (48) Japanese Master System games recently, a stack that was waiting patiently since years, and got two yet undumped Japan version. Here they are:

Alien Syndrome for Sega Mark III & Japanese Master System,
Super Wonder Boy for Sega Mark III & Japanese Master System (simply known as "Wonder Boy" in the west). Those are classic Sega games, not exactly the easiest to complete perfectly. Where are those dolls in Wonder Boy?

Good news, apart from card games, I think we're now done with retail Japanese SMS games. I need to recheck a few things, but it looks like I have everything gathered and dumped here. The reason I mentionned card games is that they require proper sorting and re-releases. Most existing Japanese card dumps, as released by Dump Masters in 1999, where dumped by MrLee who got them from pirate Taiwanese Game Gear compilation cartridges. Those version have their header modified, and sometime actual data (copyright, etc) changed - and the original headers appears to contains signature secretly left by programmers. I've now got all the right dumps, they just require some sorting and they'll be out, meaning we're done with Japanese SMS. Tada.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!