SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Galore of unusual software

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Galore of unusual software
Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:37 pm
Continuing with our mission to bring you the good, the bad, the rare, the wonderful and the ugly, we have 4 interesting releases today:

Here we have Phantasy Star [v2] for the Sega Master System, a rare whooping 3-different-bytes alternate version of Phantasy Star. This is the first production batch of the English version of the game: it contains a very minor graphic bug occuring when first saving, as shown on our screenshots. We called it [v2] because the version byte field in the ROM is set to 2. The later update of the code, which version is 3, has the bug fixed and is more common among Phantasy Star cartridges.

To our Brasilian grand detetive friends, here is Portuguese version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? for the Master System, as localized and released by TecToy. This is straight translation from English to Portuguese of this kinda educative adventure game.

It's not over! Here we have some one-of-a-kind cartridge I acquired and dumped recently: a demonstration of Super Basketball for the Master System, an unreleased game presented at the CES exposition floor in USA, around the end of the eighties. It's unfortunately not playable, but shows two static screens with a very nice music. Being an unreleased, and previously totally unknown game make it a nice curiosity.

Obscure and expensive. Space Slalom for the Sega SG-1000, is one of those elusive cartridges that sometimes reach insane price among the Japanese collectors community. Originally released in Japanese arcades in 1982 (I think), this is a port by Sega to the SG-1000 in 1983. No later than last week it was auctionned and ended at 120000 yens (rougly ~$1100), and here we have an happy public release of this weird weird shuttle slalom game, so you don't have to sell your house to acquire it. Are shuttle slalom simulation even a known genre?

To add some begging to all those stuff, SMS Power is still and always looking for donation to help acquiring certain items. I am in discussion with someone owning plenty of prototype stuff that he would only sell for semi-insane three digits amounts and I am not in a situation to buy much of this now. If you can use a computer and know about the internet, you're probably not so much into a starving situation, so your donations are greatly appreciated. Contact me if you feel like you could do a gesture (PayPal works and even allows doing this without getting out of your chair :).
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!