SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Let's play some Japanese wonders

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Let's play some Japanese wonders
Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:18 am
Just in time before the end of the month...

We first have an 8-byte variation of Special Criminal Investigation (S.C.I.) for the Master System. As it often turns out with dumps from Image, the previously released ROM of this same game has a pre-approval ROM header, lacking the product number and full checksum. This is the retail version, confirmed from 3 cartridges. Other than the ROM header, the game is exactly the same so this is really for the sake of completness.

And now for the Japanese wonders! I've been chasing Game Gear cartridges more and more recently, and although still far from completion (300 out of about 700 country variations), I could dump or redump a bunch of things, and catch up with some delayed for years. I'm always interested in GG games, so if you have some for donation/trade/sale, please please contact me.

I selected two nice games today. The first is an overly scandalously delayed ROM release. I'm surprised that Matt Douglas (who donated me a cartridge a while ago) has not attempted to kill me already. Ah well, here it is: Ninku 2 ~Tenkuryu-e no Michi~ for the Game Gear, in it's original Japanese glory. Sequel of Ninku, based on the anime of the same game, this fighting game is surprisingly playable. Prepare to read a never-ending plot before getting to fight.

And, a true gem! Doraemon Waku Waku Pocket Paradise, also for the Game Gear, also it's in original Japanese glory. This board game embed a vast choice if mini-games, not unlike Tanto-R, with the added benefit of very good graphics and animation, and a funny plot. If this doesn't make you want to learn japanese! Don't worry - Most of the mini game themselves are very playable without any knowledge of the language. I found only one so far that you will not be able to play (the one where you have to seek an object based on written hints, very much like in Tanto-R).
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!