SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Goodbye, and a nice surprise

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Goodbye, and a nice surprise
Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:18 pm
I'm taking the plane tomorrow morning. Burning backups to bring all my data with me and be able to work on your site from there. I'll be leaving you with a very nice surprise, however. Read below.

At first we have the Japanese version of Super Columns for Game Gear, an extension to the classic Columns with story mode and improved graphics. The Export version of the same game was already released here a long time ago.

And now for the surprise! During my quest of contacting original SMS/GG developers, I stumbled and met Gil Espeche, who might be the only french person having developped on the SMS (he programmed Fire & Forget II) and GG. He was very nice and helpful that I'll stay in contact with him in the future.

For now we have, the unreleased Pac-In-Time prototype for the Game Gear! Although this game seems to be in a final playable state, it was never publicly released for a reason I don't know. And it is indeed an excellent game! Pac-In-Time is basically a revamped Fury of the Furies (PC/Amiga released game) with the Namco license and the Pac-Man character. It is a very nice puzzle/platform/action mix, fairly long and quite difficult. It includes lovely graphics, catchy tunes and a very original gameplay. Our hero has to exit all levels by taking advantage of different skills (switched by pressing the START button). Levels get bigger and more complicated as the game advance, with various standard puzzle elements and innotative ideas. It has an excellent game design and I'll put it immediately into my Game Gear Top10 list, making it a great surprise for all Sega 8-bits fans. Give it the time and enjoy it!

This is our 450th release!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!