SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Codemasters gaming

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
Codemasters gaming
Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:36 pm
Some late Codemasters games. I admit I never took the time to play those games deeply yet, but adventure games of this kind are few on the SMS/GG and they are welcome. Better than that, Codemasters are playable in different European languages.

Some cartridges (including an Excellent Dizzy prototype for the Master System) were dumped by our fellow Mike Gordon on request by one of the Oliver Twin, and already made their way into the internet. So we're not providing a page for them here, but I'll add download to the files like I did last week.

The first new release is Fantastic Dizzy for the Master System, featuring egg hero Dizzy. Collect and use items in this realtime giant adventure/puzzle game. This game use a Codemasters mapper and the PAL-only 256x224 video modes, thus it may not run on various emulators. It's even glitchy in MEKA (pausing the game sometimes draw minor graphic corruption on the screen, I don't know why), but is playable.

The second is Cosmic Spacehead for the Game Gear. We released the Master System dump earlier. In contrary to several other Codemasters games for the the Game Gear which runs in SMS compatibility mode, this version actually uses the Game Gear small screen, making it a bit more difficult to play. I don't know if it is has any major difference, but it doesn't seems to takes advantage of the Game Gear palette.

And now for the additionnal files in the download section:

GG Excellent Dizzy [SMS-GG]:
Compilation of various games featuring Dizzy characters. Running in SMS compatibility mode.

SMS Excellent Dizzy [Proto]:
SMS prototype version of the game. This is 256 kb only, as provided by Oliver Twin, so half of the ROM seems to be missing and it isn't very playable (appending the second half from the GG version makes it slighty better but still not perfect. It's probably not meant to be compatible).

GG Fantastic Dizzy [SMS-GG]:
Game Gear version of the game, running in SMS compatibility mode.

Enjoy and play them! I go play them soon myself :)
Ah, and MEKA 0.68b is now available.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!