SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - R.B.I. Chase vs. The World

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
R.B.I. Chase vs. The World
Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:42 pm
More stuff and more fixes. I've been working A LOT during the past week on sorting games, and redumped about a hundred GG cartridge, meaning that I've been able to confirm some dumps, label some more properly, or find a few new ones. I also switched to a new, more consistent naming scheme to be used in the future and MEKA 0.68. Stay tuned for much more upcoming releases.

Some ROM were apparently "leaked" or managed by one way or another to be available on the net before they were released here: aRPi submitted some of his dumps elsewhere, and "The Excellent Dizzy Collection", including a prototype Mike Gordon dumped, found its way on the internet I don't know how. It doesn't matter much, but I'm a bit worried by the fact that those ROM images may not be widely spread because of this. So, I'll be putting a copy of them on our download page soon (like I did with Sonic Blast, which eventually was found from another source).

So today we have R.B.I. Baseball '94 for the Game Gear. I found it awful, but as an European I'm probably not very receptive to baseball stuff. :)

Also the Master Version version of Taito Chase H.Q., which is not exactly the same as the already known Game Gear version (despite the fact it also run in Master System compatibility mode). In this classic racing game, midway between Out Run and Fire & Forget II, you take the police role and have to arrest escaping criminals. The better you drive, the fastest you can reach and arrest them. Kind of an inverted Road Rash?

And two fixes: Bart vs. The World for Game Gear, 502 fixed bytes, and, and, due to my pathetic uploading skills, the correct file for Kujakuou. I managed to upload the wrong file two weeks ago (it was the same, old ROM). Trust me that I'm working on having all incorrect dumps known and labelled as is. Things are getting much better recently.

And now, an annoying special note, to finally solve the mess with the different ROM images of the Game Gear "Taito Chase H.Q." floating around. Result below are based on redumps and analysis:
- CRC32:7bb81e3d - GG - Taito Chase H.Q. [SMS-GG] (JP)
This is the only correct GG Japanese dump.
- CRC32:44fbe8f6 - GG - Taito Chase H.Q. [SMS-GG] (JP) [Hack]
Unofficial hack from the correct dump.
- CRC32:18086b70 - GG - Taito Chase H.Q. [SMS-GG] (JP) [Hack] [O]
Overdump. First half contains the hack mentionned above.
GoodGG has the correct and hacked dumps inverted, so it may confusing, but you can trust the above data now that I could confirm it.

The SMS dump is released today (see this very same news post).
It is 256 KB and not 128 KB as the GG version. The game ROM layout itself is a mess! An explanation is in MEKA 0.68 database.

Sorry for all those technical posts and renaming stuff. I know it is not enjoyable for many of you, but we're working on it and hopefully things will return to gaming peace in the future. Please post your requests on the forum.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!