Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Master System all around the world!

Reply to topic
Master System all around the world!
Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 4:09 pm
At first, let me mention the recent new release of MEKA 0.59 & 0.59b (the later one being a bugfixed version), which you can get at the homepage. One of the new feature introduced, also present in Dega, is the ability to log musics & sound effects to a new file format we created called VGM (for Video Game Music). With already available tools to play VGM files (using a dedicated WinAMP plugin) and some editing tools, Sega 8-bit music fans will be in heaven ^_^ We opened a Music Section already, with a small archive of VGM musics (made by Maxim). We're waiting for contributions!

As for the ROM releases, you're getting three rare games for the Master System today, from all around the world:

Cosmic Spacehead, developped by Codemasters in UK. This is a not-so-well known point and click adventure game for the Master System, with apparently lots of differents places, and some interesting things like a stupid-looking main character, that is just great :) Definitively worth a play!

The second release is Battlemaniacs, also known as Battletoads on various other systems. Also developped in UK, by RARE, this one was actually only released in Brasil by TecToy. This is unsure weither the game is supposed to be entirely finished, because it has various little glitchs. The game itself is at my opinion quite good, and features all different kind of levels, mixing action, plateforming, fighting and a small bit of thinking.

The third release is more targetted, since it is the Korean version of Phantasy Star. The Korean SMS user community will surely appreciate, as the game was sent by one of their member, mentionning high interest in it.

Who knew about a Korean translation of Phantasy Star ? Korean softwares are still a mystery to many people, me included, so we can expect to see anything, anytime. They're however very difficult to aquire now. I'll take the opportunity to again beg for help from those who haven't donated already, we need that and it's really helpful in order to bring you new games! Thanks, and enjoy!
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!