Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka 0.57b & Micro Machines

Reply to topic
Meka 0.57b & Micro Machines
Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:30 am
Quick update for me before I leave to work - MEKA 0.57b was released yesterday which a bunch of little fixes and improvements, meaning you should really update to this version. It is available for both registered and unregistered users. I wouldn't have time to rerelease a version next week anyway, since I'm moving house and I'll be in a big mess :|

Long awaited release.. the first SMS/GG Codemasters game up on the internet and playable with emulators: Micro Machines! This game use both a new mapper and a new video mode. Strangely enough, the original game only work on PAL/SECAM Master System 2. In case you never heard of this game (but I heard it is still being continued, with a Playstation version recently), this is a top-view racing game, taking place in the Micro Machines world. You drive miniature cars in various environments, and there's also a two-players mode available. Enjoy!

In MEKA, be sure to press F1 to enable the 'All Screen' blitter, else you won't be able to see a bit of the screen (since the game uses overscan). You can also edit the MEKA.BLT file to create new video modes that suits your need, or use Meka Configurator from Maxim, that also allow you to set play with some other nifty settings.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!