Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Mum, where is Himalaya?

Reply to topic
Mum, where is Himalaya?
Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:36 am
Life is nice when it surprises you. It has been several months since I nearly received nothing, and bam! At once, I received two of the best packages I ever got, one being totally unexpected :) The least I can say is that it got me in a good mood for the whole day, and I'm eager to try out some nice games!

Although being busy most of the time, I got myself the habit to regularly play and finish a Sega 8-bit game. This week I'm on Golden Axe Warrior and I must say it is as good as it was nine years ago. If you haven't already played and finished this game, you have to try it out. It is a Zelda clone, in fact nearly a complete rip, but with better graphics as you could expect from a Master System. Can't say Sega has invented anything on this one, but it's still a good game.

So, where is Himalaya? Easy one, that is. You'll be now able to train your geographic and cultural knowledge with Where in the World is Carmen Sandegio, the infamous and unclassable game from Broderbund Software/Parker Brothers. Taking the role of an agent, you have to track down people all around the world and being helped with clues forcing you to search in the little book that was provided or even an encyclopedia. Now that you're not ten years old anymore, it might suddenly becomes much easier. Ah well.

Now here is a second game as you might not spend your week on the first one :) Gulkave is one of those SG-1000 games I bet most people haven't even heard about. Well, I'm glad to say this people is pretty good, to say the least. Released in 1986 (so it is one of the latest SG-1000 game), Gulkave is a challenging horizontal scrolling shooter. Confront yourself to all those moving things shooting at you, and you won't stop until finishing the game ^_^

Enjoy, and share with us your comments, impressions (and high-score at Gulkave :) on the forum
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!