Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Some news + Tecmo World Cup '93 + new SMS Checksummer + undumped cartridge

Reply to topic
Some news + Tecmo World Cup '93 + new SMS Checksummer + undumped cartridge
Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 10:25 pm
Hello to all of you. Obviously I was busier than ever this past month, and it's unfortunately going to be nearly the same for a bit of time. Fact is that I prefer spending the few time I have on technical stuff and improving Meka (*hint* *hint*) than updating the site for the moment. I do however still have tons of projects in mind and the site will never be left back - it is going to expand, even.

Not sure if it will feed crazy ROM hunters enough, but now released for players from all around the world is Tecmo World Cup '93 for the Master System. What - there wasn't any Football (Soccer for you yankies) World Cup in 1993? Never mind. Sometimes interesting also is that the manual saw a picture of the title screen showing "92" instead. You may already know that game from the Game Gear version, otherwise it is an averagely rare game on the Master System.

Update: It's right that I'm dumb. The title screen on the manual showing "92" is taken from the other version which ROM is available. But now I'm asking myself a question because I never saw the real cartridge for "Tecmo World Cup 92" and knowing that its source was the same as the beta version of Wonderboy in Monsterworld, I am ever more wondering if the game exists in the 92 form. Any idea? does someone has the game, or saw it?

Phillip Smith is back for the third time from his various disappearances, and while Mike Gordon somewhat revived the hardware side, two brains is even better. If you feels like downloading 18 megabytes of a unrelated video Phillip sent me, which he did about five years ago and is related to robots, go on our top-secret junkyard.

I have made a simple tool to display correct checksum of SMS roms and which is available here, sources included. This will hopefully serves for people marking many SMS roms as bad while they are not. I am in the process (thanks to help from various people, Maxim first coming to mind) of sorting out all left bad dumps, and redumping what needs to be redumped. That unfortunately includes a few of our early releases not dumped by me, so back in the time I couldn't verify - shame on me.

Last but not least, someone is selling various undumped Brasilian games on eBay. Seeing how much some people paid in previous auctions, I am not able to pay, but if your job made you a rich guy, head on for Woody Woodpecker and Mortal Kombat 3.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!