Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - S8-Dev is taking off

Reply to topic
S8-Dev is taking off
Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2000 10:19 am
Some nice events recently happened in the little Sega 8-bit development realm. Various things got released and I'll mention them now.

First, Heliophobe has released a new -really cool- version of his Tetris game for Master System. Sources for this update should be available in a few days for those who are interested in console programming.

Ricardo Bittencourt made a digital sound replayer allowing you to transform the console into a kind of jukebox and a demo of it was released (working on BrSMS, yet I'm not sure about Meka because digital sound is the main flaw in Meka).

MUG U.K(tm) put a document online explaining how to train (find out cheats with ROM modification) your favorite games and using Meka patching facilities. The tutorial is well done and the concepts described in it are reusable for most other systems, so it's really interesting.

And last but not least, two new emulators from S8-Dev participants were released recently, both for the Windows platform. SegaEMU 0.10a by Atani is a projet for a multi Sega systems emulator but yet only emulates SG-1000. Emulation for it is be pretty accurate although a bit slow. The second emulator is CHASM 0.10 by Vecna, which emulates the Master System and (partially) the Game Gear. Again it's not perfect, but both are very promising.

You can get all these stuff on the S8-Dev with a bit of research and goodwill. And anyone interested in the technical point of view of Sega 8-bit systems is welcome to contributes to the programming forum as well. Have fun! :)

My 14 inches screen died so basically I cannot uses my home computer, preventing me to update the site or work on Meka. I am now updating from school (and do not have FTP access from there). I'm searching for an old usable screen around and as soon as I can find one I will be back to work. Sorry for the inconvenience, until then, you can guess about what is emulated in the current development version of Meka.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!