SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New release: Virtua Fighters Portrait - Pai Chan

Reply to topic
New release: Virtua Fighters Portrait - Pai Chan
Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 1999 10:42 pm
SMS Power release 191..
This is probably the weirdest ROM we ever released: Virtua Fighters Portrait - Pai Chan for the Game Gear is not even a game! In Japan the cultural influence of videogames is high enough that people loves things related to the characters or the story of a game. This one is a "portrait" cartridge. It's more well known on the Saturn, but I admit I have never heard of this kind of cartridges until recently. It is basically a slideshow with pictures of the Pai Chan character of Virtua Fighters, telling us a little story about her. On each screen, you can press one or two buttons to make a few things move. Not amazingly interesting, but if you are curious, it is definitively something to check out! And here is a trick: press both buttons and start while reseting, and you'll get access to a menu with access to all parts of the story directly - thanks goes to Adol for the tip.

For Meka users, values to add in MEKA.NAM:
35A0597C0B263AEB,Rambo: First Blood Part 2
FCC991E880B52D60,Virtua Fighter Portrait: Pai Chan,VER=Japanese

I keep getting e-mails about people complaining about the mirrors not being updated enough, or sometimes being down. Differents people are gratefully donating some of their time to maintain these mirrors up to let non-registered users get the roms as well, and they aren't here to serve you. If you want to get the roms on the same second they are released here, then get registered and that's all I have to say (yeah, you could be playing the previous release while waiting for the new one :). There are always nice things to get on eBay.. like this auction and this one which would be helpful for the soon-to-be museum.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!