Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New release: Eternal Legend

Reply to topic
New release: Eternal Legend
Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 9:22 pm
As different people requested it, today release is an unknown RPG for the Game Gear. Like, something we missed in Europe and USA: Eternal Legend. Alright, to be honest we didn't miss much since the game is ugly but has I don't understand the plot I cannot really judge the rest of the game. Let's hope there are some ROM hackers bored with Ni****do stuff who are interested in giving a look at it.. common.. I want a translation :-)
Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:46 am
Ready to revive a 20 year old post lol. I for one LOVE classic JRPG's and would love to one day see this game translated. I would be fine with some google translate versions of some of these games, simply so they would be halfway playable. It can't be THAT hard to put the games text into google translate and then go through and edit the parts that don't make sense. If I knew someone who knew how to inject the text into the games code, I would do the translation myself... but would need a way to input the Kanji into Google Translate
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:23 pm
The coding part is super super hard. Translation is not easy either, but even with a full script translation it can take years to make the translation, it's probably hundreds of hours of developer time.
Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:51 pm
Especially if a game's text is all kana, Google Translation will have a very hard time making sense of it.

You would have to use Google only as a dictionary reference and look up words yourself to try to piece together any sort of meaning.

Clyde Mandelin last year used Final Fantasy IV for the SNES as an example of how Google Translations can turn (especially an all-kana script) a game's script into random nonsense (even if Google Translations has at least improved to the point it can generate sentences at all).
Giving us such gems "Takara if the child entered the Hades" (correct translation is approximately "Took the Hades (armor) from the treasure box".) and "I live in a fitness room in Thailand." (I can't recall offhand what the should properly translate to, but I can guarantee it is nothing even close to fitness rooms or Thailand. May or may not have involved living.)
He could only even play the game because he was already very familiar with it.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!