Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - how do i copy gg-roms to a cartrige?

Reply to topic
Cedric
how do i copy gg-roms to a cartrige?
Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 1999 7:00 pm
I would be interested to know how to copy roms
to a blank cartrige or eprom (some kind of eprom-writer/software/method available?).

That think does exist for the gameboy..

tx

Nyef
Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 1999 7:30 pm
> I would be interested to know how to copy roms
> to a blank cartrige or eprom (some kind of eprom-writer/software/method available?).

The hard part here is getting such a blank cart. I might be interested in this if I had a GG.

After you get a blank cart you can probably load it with a properly programmed cart
dumper (assuming you used FlashROM, of course).

We had suggestions for how te design and build such a cart for the SMS, but the people
who have the skills don't have the inclination, and vice versa. And the people with the
ideas don't have much of either.

Does anyone have statistics as to how often this question comes up? Is it once a month?
Every six weeks? (six weeks feels about right, but I'm not completely sure.)

And has anyone actually _done_ anything with the ideas that get tossed around in these
sort of threads? (other than the FM chip, of course)

--Nyef

NAK
Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2000 1:07 am
> > I would be interested to know how to copy roms
> > to a blank cartrige or eprom (some kind of eprom-writer/software/method available?).

> The hard part here is getting such a blank cart. I might be interested in this if I had a GG.

> After you get a blank cart you can probably load it with a properly programmed cart
> dumper (assuming you used FlashROM, of course).

> We had suggestions for how te design and build such a cart for the SMS, but the people
> who have the skills don't have the inclination, and vice versa. And the people with the
> ideas don't have much of either.

> Does anyone have statistics as to how often this question comes up? Is it once a month?
> Every six weeks? (six weeks feels about right, but I'm not completely sure.)

> And has anyone actually _done_ anything with the ideas that get tossed around in these
> sort of threads? (other than the FM chip, of course)

> --Nyef

well this is a situation that has arrisaen many a time before and one that i have my self asked since 1991!!
i have now more or less got the know how to do this and thaks to the tech nfo on this site i am one step closer :)
i hope fully this week will sucseed in finishing my back up device and it will be made avalible for construction
a following version should have flash proggraming support as well :)

if ne one reading this has ne ideas or would like to help plz contact me

cherz l8rz

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!