Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - New releases: Speedball and Akai Koudan Zillion

Reply to topic
New releases: Speedball and Akai Koudan Zillion
Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 1999 5:18 pm
I was so tired yesterday that I couldn't update the page. After recovering (hmm..) today I did work a bit more on the copier, and finally fixed the problem we were looking for since a few months! As a result, a dozen of carts that couldn't be dumped before should be copiable now.

First ROM release for today is Speedball for the Master System. This conversion of the famous Bitmap Brothers game is actually well done and I bet many people will be glad replaying it again.

The second game is a game every true Master System fan should love: Akai Koudan Zillion, which is the same game as Zillion but it's dumped from a Japanese cartridge. The already released ROM and this one actually have both English and Japanese text inside (the appropriate one is shown depending on the country of emulated machine) but the two files are very different, proving that there was an update since the Japanese and European/US releases. It's up to you to find it! Please share your founds with us on the forum. I also included the scanned box of the Japanese version and a scan of a Light Phaser non-video game Sega released in Japan, based on Zillion, the gun being almost the same as the Master System one. But didn't you noticed it was the same Light Phaser shown on the title screen of Zillion? Now you learned the origin of that piece of hardware :)

Last but not least, a new version of my Meka emulator is planned.

Ah by the way, I forgot to say Blazemore had a kick'ass Zillion site you should visit!

K-s-I-p-I-w-r-s-c-if-s-a-u-t-s-r-of-m
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!