SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - VGM + DOS?

Reply to topic
ozy
VGM + DOS?
Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:19 pm
Seeings that MEKA is a DOS Emulator, and obviously runs the most efficient under pure DOS.. I was wondering, has anyone thought about making a DOS based VGM player? or even one built into MEKA itself? Maybe even a VGM tool for DOS?

Your comments please..

• Site Admin
Request taken
Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:41 am
> Seeings that MEKA is a DOS Emulator, and obviously runs the most efficient under pure DOS.. I was wondering, has anyone thought about making a DOS based VGM player? or even one built into MEKA itself? Maybe even a VGM tool for DOS?

I'll see what I can do. :)
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:16 am
> Seeings that MEKA is a DOS Emulator, and obviously runs the most efficient under pure DOS.. I was wondering, has anyone thought about making a DOS based VGM player?

It's possible (the way I've written my code, it is designed to render the sound data to any buffer), but then again not possible (Delphi can make console programs but not Dos programs... I'd have to dig out TP7 for that, and do a lot of work). Someone working in C should find it easier to do.

> or even one built into MEKA itself?

As I understand it, adding VGM playback to an emulator should be very easy (the work is in adding it to the UI, not getting it working with the sound engine).

> Maybe even a VGM tool for DOS?

Hmm. Since VGM Tool depends on external programs to supply information for some of its functions, a Dos version is not really very useful. I doubt I'll ever do anything like that, but anyone else can...

Maxim
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!