SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Looping Errors

Reply to topic
Looping Errors
Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:59 am
Last edited by CRV on Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Here, I will keep a list of files from packages currently available in the archive that I have found to have looping errors.

After Burner - Final Take-Off (?), Super Stripe (?)
Air Rescue - currently fixing
Alex Kidd in High-Tech World - Intro (?), Castle Room, Ninja Forest (?), Town (?), should be renamed "Alex Kidd: High Tech World"
Alex Kidd in Miracle World - Motorcycle (?)
Dragon Crystal - currently fixing
Great Baseball [JP] - OK
Great Baseball - update submitted
Lucky Dime Caper - OK
Psychic World - Prairie, Volcanic Area (?), Ice Field, Ruins (?), Final Boss
Psycho Fox - Title Screen, Mystical Mountains, Skull Land, Diabolical Desert (?), Pause (?), Boss (?)
R.C. Grand Prix - OK, but missing "Complete" track
R-Type - Stage 2 BGM, Stage 3 BGM (?), Stage 5 BGM (?), Stage 8 BGM (?), Game Start Music (?), Naming BGM (?), Game Start Effect (?), Super Stage BGM
Satellite 7 - OK
Shinobi - Stage (?)
Sonic the Hedgehog - Bonus Zone (?), Labyrinth Zone
Space Harrier - Valda, Haya Oh
Streets of Rage - Player Select (?), The Last Soul (?)
Streets of Rage II - Player Select, Dreamer (?), Under Logic (?), Spin on the Bridge (?), Too Deep, Slow Moon (?), The Super Threc, Expander
Super Basketball [Demo] - OK
Teddy Boy - Round, Bonus Game
The Black Onyx - In-Game Music (?)
The Cyber Shinobi - currently fixing
The Ninja - Main Theme (there are actually two different tracks - the slower title music and the faster music when you obtain the Red Scroll), A Stone Wall, Gyokuro, Ending (?)
Thunder Blade (PSG) - OK
Transbot - In Game (?)
Wonder Boy III (PSG) - The Last Dungeon (?), "And Now" needs to be fixed in playlist (Playlist wants "And Now...", but file named "And Now"), Shop music (The Dragon's Trap) (?), Mind of Hero, Side-Crawler's Dance
Ys (PSG) - Tears of Sylph, Holders of Power, Palace of Destruction, Devil's Wind, Final Battle (?), Rest In Peace (?)
Zillion - On Planet, Death

Also, a number of packages still have GG stereo that could be stripped off the files.

? - Not sure if there's an error
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:07 am
Oh, man, there's that many‽
Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:33 pm
Maxim wrote
Oh, man, there's that many‽

I'm not even done going through the games yet. It's always possible that they may not be errors at all, and they actually sound like that in the game (see the forthcoming Rambo III), but I'm betting most are indeed errors.
Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:45 am
CRV wrote
Here, I will keep a list of files from packages currently available in the archive that I have found to have looping errors.

Wonder Boy III (PSG) - The Last Dungeon (?), "And Now" needs to be fixed in playlist (Playlist wants "And Now...", but file named "And Now"), Shop music (The Dragon's Trap) (?), Mind of Hero, Side-Crawler's Dance,

WBIII sounds fine to me but if you have so much time on your hands, go ahead and "adjust" the songs to your taste. :)
Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:15 am
furanku wrote
WBIII sounds fine to me but if you have so much time on your hands, go ahead and "adjust" the songs to your taste. :)

It's not a matter of tastes, it's a matter of correct or incorrect...:)
Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:00 am
If there are any packs by me that have errors, please let me know and I'll be happy to get to fix them ASAP. I hope to be able to get to these games sometime in the future.
Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:30 pm
"Canyon 2" from GG Shinobi II appears to have a looping error. The loop is too long, and isn't even looped well. Also, this track doesn't have a looping error, but "Enemy's Base" from the same game has a weird playback error at 0:12.

Also, I suspect there are more packs with looping errors here. (the list was last updated in 2005, and more packs have been made since then)

I may work on fixing some of the tracks listed on this page in the indefinite future.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!