Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - How can I help You ?

Reply to topic
How can I help You ?
Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:42 am
I want to help us as I can for the devlopement of the Museum.
I' m french and my english is not very good, but I love your job. So if I can help you , i will be very happy.
I 'm student, and i 'm enough good to work on databases, I practice php,sql,c,and c++.

thanks for the smspower job !!
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:21 pm
Thanks for your offer.
As for me, I have zero experience of real application of a PHP/SQL based site, but I'm relying on my software engineering experience to shape up this project.

Do you already have a site up that we can see?
Right now, the problematic is developping administration interface to manage the database and add new data. This requires a PHP/SQL backend that I think it not that difficult, but also a bigger HTML frontend, and various tuning (eg: Javascript) to make things easy to use.

If you're interested in seeing the current state of database development, see This thread and the link within it.

(dit moi si tu ne comprend pas l'anglais de ce message :)
Devlopement
Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:05 pm
Allright, If you're interest by somebody for HTML / CSS / JS, i've some experience in these domains ( but not like an expert ). But i think I can be usefull for you.
I have seen your link, i'd like to know which kind of softwares you are using.
But, I have not work on big projects like yours.
I have my own sega master system website ( using HTML/PHP/CSS/JS ), but it is still in construction( only beginning, and many zones are not achieve , i'm trying to find datas to complete it when I have time , my goal is to have a good french site ) .
http://smsconnection.free.fr

i have also a problem with XML because I have not use it , but i'm allright to try to learn it.

I''ve seen also your demo on , the games PStar and WB 3 , and I think it's a good way to show the games.
Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:30 pm
Lot of french sites have been tested, but not realy continue. Not many french fan i think. And dificult to make something of original. But good luck from your progress.
Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:24 pm
I agree with you , but i'll try to make. I'm working on my site since 2000 , but not very hard. and sometimes it was offline . but now , i think i could do something good. As you say there's not many french website , so it's a chance for me to make a real one.

But do you really think that there 's not many french fans of the SMS ? France was one of the greatest market for the sms.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!