SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - "Another World" has an alternate ending? SPOILER ALERT

Reply to topic
Mecha Godzilla
"Another World" has an alternate ending? SPOILER ALERT
Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:15 pm
Don´t you think its odd that Lester remains trapped in the other world instead of making it back to this one? I mean, the dragon animation and the escape with the alien friend is nice and the "THE END" letters with the sky background... But he never returns here. Is this the absolute end of Lester, doesnt he returns to Peanut Computer Inc?

If anyone knows of an alternate way of finishing the game to get Lester back to this world I´d love to know. There are many parts of the game that are potential alternate roads like the second floor in the aliens cave base where this three barriers and this guy with granades don´t let you pass and stuff.

ifkz
Look into Heart of the Alien on the Sega CD *nt*
Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:05 pm
> Don´t you think its odd that Lester remains trapped in the other world instead of making it back to this one? I mean, the dragon animation and the escape with the alien friend is nice and the "THE END" letters with the sky background... But he never returns here. Is this the absolute end of Lester, doesnt he returns to Peanut Computer Inc?

> If anyone knows of an alternate way of finishing the game to get Lester back to this world I´d love to know. There are many parts of the game that are potential alternate roads like the second floor in the aliens cave base where this three barriers and this guy with granades don´t let you pass and stuff.

Mecha Godzilla
Re: Its a Sega CD only release.
Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:33 pm
Thats probably why I never played it. I never had and don´t have a Sega CD. The pirated file its about 218 Megabytes and it would take at least five hours to download. I don´t keep my computer on for that long. I have bills to pay. I´ll try to get it on ebay or something. Thanks! Maybe puting a little pressure on Delphine Software to release a third game with the first two included for Game Cube or Game Boy Advance... or every new console.

Mecha Godzilla
Re: Just played it: Sad ending, sad ending indeed.
Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:46 pm
I´ll stay with just Another World to avoid depression. I think its better for Lester to just stay alive in that world instead of... I´m not going to spoil it for anyone, but Lester... HE FUCKING DIES AT THE END. That means no third part I guess.

Greebly_Geebles
Re: Just played it: Sad ending, sad ending indeed.
Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 5:29 pm
Actually, I'm interested in hearing about it.

Mecha Godzilla
Re: Im gonna make it more interesting for you
Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:42 pm
> Actually, I'm interested in hearing about it.

http://www.theunderdogs.org/game.php?name=Heart+of+The+Alien

Get it here baby! Long download but if you like Another World type of games then it is worth every single microsecond of the time it takes.

The game is extremely hard. I recommend playing it only if you have a day or two (or more) of free time and are very patient.

I've seen a different ending to the game.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:00 am
Mecha Godzilla wrote
Don´t you think its odd that Lester remains trapped in the other world instead of making it back to this one? I mean, the dragon animation and the escape with the alien friend is nice and the "THE END" letters with the sky background... But he never returns here. Is this the absolute end of Lester, doesnt he returns to Peanut Computer Inc?

If anyone knows of an alternate way of finishing the game to get Lester back to this world I´d love to know. There are many parts of the game that are potential alternate roads like the second floor in the aliens cave base where this three barriers and this guy with granades don´t let you pass and stuff.

The ending I got was back in 1994 on the SNES version. Lester makes it to the room with the levers and he, instead of teleporting to the roof with the dragon, teleports back to his lab. Sadly, I can't find evidence of my ending anywhere. I came here to see if anyone else seen my ending.
I introduced my son to the game 5 years ago and he got the same ending I got. But when I watched a playthough the other day, I saw the dragon ending for the first time. I couldn't find my ending. I asked my son the next day about the game and he remembered the ending. He can only recall the dragon ending but that's not what he had said at first. Very bizarre.
Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:36 pm
Sallycares wrote
Mecha Godzilla wrote

The ending I got was back in 1994 on the SNES version. Lester makes it to the room with the levers and he, instead of teleporting to the roof with the dragon, teleports back to his lab. Sadly, I can't find evidence of my ending anywhere. I came here to see if anyone else seen my ending.
I introduced my son to the game 5 years ago and he got the same ending I got. But when I watched a playthough the other day, I saw the dragon ending for the first time. I couldn't find my ending. I asked my son the next day about the game and he remembered the ending. He can only recall the dragon ending but that's not what he had said at first. Very bizarre.

Never heard of an alternative ending. Maybe a Mandela effect?
Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:16 pm
Sallycares wrote

That totally fascinates me. Why not playing it again, together with your son, and filming it (especially the ending)? I think it´s worth it, because it´s quite exciting.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!