Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Re: The AMD vs. CELERON debate.....

Reply to topic
Re: The AMD vs. CELERON debate.....
Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 7:36 pm
> Right... well, there are two types of crashes. Software crashes and hardware crashes. What I experience(d, on win98) on my 400 is software crashes that I think I basically blame on the motherboard. The motherboard may also be the culprit for my speed problems. Regardless, the AMD/motherboard bundle I got is a total piece of crap.
> However, my friend with a 650 Athlon was experiencing hardware crashes -- The Os wouldn't crash, it would just flat out stop, or spontaneously reboot. That's generally attributed to heat problems. Which isn't necessarily AMD specific... but... if you buy a cpu that expensive (at the time, it had just come out), you want it to work. And yes, he had all the normal fans, heatsinks, etc.

You should visit the asus web site , look at the P5A specs ( for your 400 ) , you wont regret it . as for the Atlhon , I don't have a clue as to what board to get , but the amd site is a good place to start... Beleve me , my new pc is the stablest one i've seen yet . As for the " intel compatible " thingy on boxes of pc software , all the software that i've run so far works like a charm ( except sierra tests when you install games , just skip it ) . It's a small price to pay for speed vs. cost .
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!