SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS Site

Reply to topic
Brian
SMS Site
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 6:16 am
I just thought I'd post an ad for my "renovated" sms site...
I finally got around to compiling a lot of crap for it, so It's half way decent now... still a long ways to go.
I need to scan in all 50-60 of my sms boxes when I get some time soon.... if anyone wants to check it out and complain, it's:
http://brian.emulationworld.com/sms/

Actually..heh, if you complain, I'll just ignore you..

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 12:56 pm
Not wanting to sound like a pirate or anything BUT...
Do you have the Soundblaster version of Massage 0.9?
I got the one you posted on your site, but I can see little to no differences to 0.8

Anyways, the site's pretty cool. What with all of the cheats/tips/PAR codes and whatnot.
Hey Zoop!
How about you add Pro Action Replay support to Meka?
That would be kickarse!
Especially if you could figure out how to do the "Game Training" feature...
~unfnknblvbl
Brian
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 4:45 pm
> Not wanting to sound like a pirate or anything BUT...
> Do you have the Soundblaster version of Massage 0.9?
> I got the one you posted on your site, but I can see little to no differences to 0.8

> Anyways, the site's pretty cool. What with all of the cheats/tips/PAR codes and whatnot.
> Hey Zoop!
> How about you add Pro Action Replay support to Meka?
> That would be kickarse!
> Especially if you could figure out how to do the "Game Training" feature...
> ~unfnknblvbl

uh oh...isn't .9 the registered version?
hmm...I had better remove that.
I can't remember if he finally released .9 to the public or not..

Yeah, there are still a lot more codes & tips & stuff I need to copy over. It's taking a lot longer than I thought it would.
But once I get done, the site should be pretty cool...hopefully it will be useful to people.

I'd agree, I'd love to see PAR added to MEKA...
I've been looking for a PAR for my SMS for years now...
I'd even trade my boxed sms for one. Well, maybe....

Jon
question
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 10:41 pm
Why do an SMS site where this site, SMS Power, simply has it all? :) I mean it doesnt have the cool backgrounds, java, flash stuff...which is good cuz I like pages that load quickly :)...but it has all the roms. The only good thing about another SMS site is that it can mirror the games..which these cool people have done. :)

I don´t agree at all
Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 1:03 am
Well, the purpose of this site (SMS Power) is mainly emulation, and then SMS. The real SMS collectors don´t want to have all the games in .sms format, they want to have the actual game with the actual box and manual. Most of the SMS sites are about that, collectors that love the system and want to show everybody their memories about it, comments, trade/sale lists... As a collector I am, having the roms simply doesn´t satisfy me, so I don´t download them very often, only the ones I really know to play and I know I´ll never have. So SMS Power is definately the best EMULATION site, but we need more and more SMS sites without emulation to keep the SMS alive. It´s just my point of view :)
-Thöja.

> Why do an SMS site where this site, SMS Power, simply has it >all? :) I mean it doesnt have the cool backgrounds, java, >flash stuff...which is good cuz I like pages that load >quickly :)...but it has all the roms. The only good thing >about another SMS site is that it can mirror the games..which >these cool people have done. :)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 2:57 am
> > Not wanting to sound like a pirate or anything BUT...
> > Do you have the Soundblaster version of Massage 0.9?
> > I got the one you posted on your site, but I can see little to no differences to 0.8

> > Anyways, the site's pretty cool. What with all of the cheats/tips/PAR codes and whatnot.
> > Hey Zoop!
> > How about you add Pro Action Replay support to Meka?
> > That would be kickarse!
> > Especially if you could figure out how to do the "Game Training" feature...
> > ~unfnknblvbl

>
> uh oh...isn't .9 the registered version?
> hmm...I had better remove that.
> I can't remember if he finally released .9 to the public or not..

Hehe, I knew somebody would slip up sooner or later.
It was never released to the public, but as James McKay has now stopped his support of Massage, I don't really see the harm.
I heard a rumor that he was working on a Massage v1.0. Is this true?

> Yeah, there are still a lot more codes & tips & stuff I need to copy over. It's taking a lot longer than I thought it would.
> But once I get done, the site should be pretty cool...hopefully it will be useful to people.

It's been very useful to me so far

> I'd agree, I'd love to see PAR added to MEKA...
> I've been looking for a PAR for my SMS for years now...
> I'd even trade my boxed sms for one. Well, maybe....

I had a PAR2 for my MegaDrive.
I am now kicking myself for getting rid of it. D'OH!!!!!!!

~unfnknblvbl
Brian
Re: I don´t agree at all
Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 1999 6:58 am
Yes, the purpose of my site isn't roms at all....since my host won't allow me to store roms (*cough* even though I know someone that does *cough* hehe)...

I mainly made the site for my self. Since it is going to take me a hell of a long time and lots of money to complete my physical sms collection, I wanted to complete a virtual collection, with box scans, hints, screenshots, and everything I can find about the SMS... The version on my web site is just what I'm making for my self, minus the roms :)

I also wanted to have a page for my self with every sms link I can find...since most sites have about 50% or less of links to the good sms sites out there..

I'm doing ok on my real sms collection... I just got a boxed sms segascope system today, it kicks ass.

> Well, the purpose of this site (SMS Power) is mainly emulation, and then SMS. The real SMS collectors don´t want to have all the games in .sms format, they want to have the actual game with the actual box and manual. Most of the SMS sites are about that, collectors that love the system and want to show everybody their memories about it, comments, trade/sale lists... As a collector I am, having the roms simply doesn´t satisfy me, so I don´t download them very often, only the ones I really know to play and I know I´ll never have. So SMS Power is definately the best EMULATION site, but we need more and more SMS sites without emulation to keep the SMS alive. It´s just my point of view :)
> -Thöja.

> > Why do an SMS site where this site, SMS Power, simply has it >all? :) I mean it doesnt have the cool backgrounds, java, >flash stuff...which is good cuz I like pages that load >quickly :)...but it has all the roms. The only good thing >about another SMS site is that it can mirror the games..which >these cool people have done. :)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!