Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - This may sound strange but...

Reply to topic
This may sound strange but...
Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 1:09 am
I`l keep it short and sweet : What`s the best irc channels ??? ( About emulation and games in general ) ...
Spinner 8
Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 3:00 am
> I`l keep it short and sweet : What`s the best irc channels ??? ( About emulation and games in general ) ...

there aren't any. seriously.

oh, and zoop.. promise that you won't switch this board over to wwwthreads or anything else.. you wouldn't do that to us, would you? :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 3:39 am
> > I`l keep it short and sweet : What`s the best irc channels ??? ( About emulation and games in general ) ...

> there aren't any. seriously.

> oh, and zoop.. promise that you won't switch this board over to wwwthreads or anything else.. you wouldn't do that to us, would you? :)

So youre telling me that mirc is totally useless ? then all i have to do is to uninstall it . i don`t have any use for it because yo see , i don`t really like irc anyway and trying to chat about something interesting and a sick person come by and say something like : " i just raped my cat... " or " i have a pet cockroach that`s called george... " , this just repulses me . Really , do any of you guys find this interesting ? i mean , is this " contraption " of any use ? ( and when i say the word use i mean usefull as in usefull ) . I`m not gona waste my time online reading things that come from deranged individuals . And , I`m not an irc " pro " or anything , but when i see some channels like " teens " or whatever i`m sure that there is more than teens there . Heck , probably more than half of the " female " users are guys ! . No , this is a playfield for a problematic minority amongst us . I`m smiling right now `cause i just had a flash . Youre talking on irc with " jeniffer " . You start to get turned on by this conversation . You say something like : " what are you waring ? " , to this " jeniffer " unaware that this jeniffer is in actuality roger !!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! . That`s wy i did`nt used it before . so i`m not gowing to now . and heck , am i wiling to take the chance ? .
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 11:02 am
yes, irc is the domain of freaks.
but theres still useage for it if you 'are in the know' (eg vast resources of downloadable goodies). too bad im not ;(

but anyways, i sit on #retrogamers on the EFnet network. often the crap level is kept low, but that can never be guaranteed.

> So youre telling me that mirc is totally useless ? then all i have to do is to uninstall it . i don`t have any use for it because yo see , i don`t really like irc anyway and trying to chat about something interesting and a sick person come by and say something like : " i just raped my cat... " or " i have a pet cockroach that`s called george... " , this just repulses me . Really , do any of you guys find this interesting ? i mean , is this " contraption " of any use ? ( and when i say the word use i mean usefull as in usefull ) . I`m not gona waste my time online reading things that come from deranged individuals . And , I`m not an irc " pro " or anything , but when i see some channels like " teens " or whatever i`m sure that there is more than teens there . Heck , probably more than half of the " female " users are guys ! . No , this is a playfield for a problematic minority amongst us . I`m smiling right now `cause i just had a flash . Youre talking on irc with " jeniffer " . You start to get turned on by this conversation . You say something like : " what are you waring ? " , to this " jeniffer " unaware that this jeniffer is in actuality roger !!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! . That`s wy i did`nt used it before . so i`m not gowing to now . and heck , am i wiling to take the chance ? .

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 1999 11:12 pm
> yes, irc is the domain of freaks.
> but theres still useage for it if you 'are in the know' (eg vast resources of downloadable goodies). too bad im not ;(

> but anyways, i sit on #retrogamers on the EFnet network. often the crap level is kept low, but that can never be guaranteed.

Sorry for my ignorence... EFnet ? . My question : hwo what where when why ouch ! oww....

Does this efnet a part of irc ?
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 1999 1:09 pm

> Sorry for my ignorence... EFnet ? . My question : hwo what where when why ouch ! oww....

> Does this efnet a part of irc ?

there are a number of unconnected irc networks. EFnet is one of them. there are many more, eg Undernet, Brazilnet (for Brazilians only i assume ;)

if you are using something like mirc, to connect to an Efnet server, make sure you choose a server from the list that starts with 'EFnet:' and it may be a good idea to select one thats geographicly close to you (if any)

different networks have different features, eg the length of your user name may only allow small names, other networks may allow larger names.

channels start with #

if you are in a channel and a group of people seem to disapear at once and reappear later all at once, this is called a netsplit - the servers that make up the irc network you are on have lost/regained contact with each other. from your end it looks like people left. from their end it looks like you left ;)

theres plenty of other stuff that you might want to know, but thats all i can bother at the moment ;)

Thanks ! ... *nt*
Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 1999 12:09 am
>
> > Sorry for my ignorence... EFnet ? . My question : hwo what where when why ouch ! oww....

> > Does this efnet a part of irc ?

> there are a number of unconnected irc networks. EFnet is one of them. there are many more, eg Undernet, Brazilnet (for Brazilians only i assume ;)

> if you are using something like mirc, to connect to an Efnet server, make sure you choose a server from the list that starts with 'EFnet:' and it may be a good idea to select one thats geographicly close to you (if any)

> different networks have different features, eg the length of your user name may only allow small names, other networks may allow larger names.

> channels start with #

> if you are in a channel and a group of people seem to disapear at once and reappear later all at once, this is called a netsplit - the servers that make up the irc network you are on have lost/regained contact with each other. from your end it looks like people left. from their end it looks like you left ;)

> theres plenty of other stuff that you might want to know, but thats all i can bother at the moment ;)
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!