SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Gargoyles for Sega Genesis

Reply to topic
jake
Gargoyles for Sega Genesis
Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 1999 7:09 am
Does anyone know if there is a playable rom of this game anywhere?I've asked on a lot of boards and know one seems to know anything about it.Help! Thanks

Reiver
Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 1999 6:19 pm
Well if people on a newsgroup don't know about it, most likely it doesn's exist...but that's not ALWAYS true, but I've always put my faith in NG's

> Does anyone know if there is a playable rom of this game anywhere?I've asked on a lot of boards and know one seems to know anything about it.Help! Thanks

P-Strife
Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 9:50 pm
> Does anyone know if there is a playable rom of this game anywhere?I've asked on a lot of boards and know one seems to know anything about it.Help! Thanks

The current rom out there has a bad checksum and ths is a bad dump. Anyway it's origin is confusing also since the header according to SMD.com is Brazil.

Snorter
Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 1999 5:43 pm
> > Does anyone know if there is a playable rom of this game anywhere?I've asked on a lot of boards and know one seems to know anything about it.Help! Thanks

> The current rom out there has a bad checksum and ths is a bad dump. Anyway it's origin is confusing also since the header according to SMD.com is Brazil.

The rom has been redumped with a good checksum, and it STILL doesn't run correctly in any of the emulators. It will be posted at Genesis Power (http://go.to/GenesisPower) at some point.

Also, other than JUE, smd.com is incorrect with its country code intertpretation. France=F is the same as JUE, Brazil=4 is USA only. See the FAQ at Genesis Power for more info.

Snorter

Paul
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 1999 11:13 am
> > Does anyone know if there is a playable rom of this game anywhere?I've asked on a lot of boards and know one seems to know anything about it.Help! Thanks

> The current rom out there has a bad checksum and ths is a bad dump. Anyway it's origin is confusing also since the header according to SMD.com is Brazil.

The original release by ANTHROX + SWAT from 24 November 1995 was working fine, with proper checksum. But I think emulators can't handle this game (not Genecyst anyway, it's the only one I tried :). I still prefer the old fashioned way of playing Genesis games (a magic drive & a TV :)

File Name : as-gargg.smd
File Type : Magic Drive/Double Pro Fighter
File Size : $300200 bytes, ~24.00 megabits
ROM Address : ($000000-$2FFFFF) $300000 bytes, 24.00 megabits
RAM Address : ($FF0000-$FFFFFF) $010000 bytes
Entrypoint : $000200
Checksum : $D579
System Name : SEGA GENESIS
Domestic Name: GARGOYLES
Overseas Name: GARGOYLES
Memo : (none)
ROM Type : Game
Copyright : (C)T-2391995.SEP (Buena Vista)
Product Num. : T-239056 version 00
Controls : Joypad 3B
Countries : (unknown)
External RAM : (none)
Modem Number : (none)

Computed checksum: $D579

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!