Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka 0.30 improvements...

Reply to topic
Meka 0.30 improvements...
Post Posted: Wed Sep 22, 1999 3:50 am
YES!!!!! it finaly is a reality. using the keyboard to select games in meka . you don`t know how great it is... other than that , a lot of small (important) changes , like a more flexible (and complete) meka.cfg file (i like this one). now , on to the more obscure part of my post... it has something to do with the fm_sb_speed like in meka.cfg . it`s this line that determine when meka writes to the soundcard , thus giving us sound (i think that it works that way...). those hwo edit this file , and experimented with this line , probably know that this line is crutial to great sound in meka. in meka 0.20 , i used fm_sb_speed = 4 , and my sound was perfect . now , in meka 0.30 , i have to use fm_sb_speed = 6 wich drops the frame rate by about 2-4 . shure doesent look like much , and youre right . wich brings me to my point in all this . what number is your fm_sb_speed line is at ? those hwo know , will you please tell us ? (and other information like : soundcard , cpu might comme in handy...) . because you see , i tried meka 0.20 on four different pc`s . i tried it on a pentium 166mmx :fps , fm was at 4 . on my pc (crappy) overdrive 180mmx , fm was again 4 . ther on a p233mmx , fm was 6 . finaly on a amd380 , fm was 8 . now , see where i am getting at ? faster pc , longer the wait has to be . it will help zoop to have technical info such an this on his future release so please.... and , when you will try meka 0.30 be shure to tell us if it has changed for you ( the fm_sb_speed line , of course ) . whell that`s that. enjoy the new build.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!