SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Program or way to tell between US / EUR Sms roms

Reply to topic
PolestaR
Program or way to tell between US / EUR Sms roms
Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 5:43 am
Topic very much says what i need, is there a way to determine which country a rom originated from? Would be handy. Thanks

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 11:46 am
> Topic very much says what i need, is there a way to determine which country a rom originated from? Would be handy. Thanks

It's not technically possible.
There is a way to distinguish Us/Euro and Japanese roms, thought. But it doesn't work on all roms as many Japanese games doesn't have the right bit set.
PolestaR
Interesting
Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 1999 5:07 am

> > Topic very much says what i need, is there a way to determine which country a rom originated from? Would be handy. Thanks

> It's not technically possible.
> There is a way to distinguish Us/Euro and Japanese roms, thought. But it doesn't work on all roms as many Japanese games doesn't have the right bit set.

Ok, another thing. For the SMS did European games have a 50hz Pal rating, and USA / JAp run at 60hz? Would that be a possible way to distinguish. Did BRazil have 60 or 50?

Limbs a Flyin'
Re: Interesting
Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 1999 6:23 am
i guess you mean can you tell what area the game came from by what speed the games play at..
well, that wont work either because the hardware itself decides the speed (50/60 hz) not the game.
in *most* cases, the data that makes up a game from the US is exactly the same as the one from euro.. - ie, both versions are identical - the manufactorers of the games shipped the same rom data to both areas

> Ok, another thing. For the SMS did European games have a 50hz Pal rating, and USA / JAp run at 60hz? Would that be a possible way to distinguish. Did BRazil have 60 or 50?

PolestaR
Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 1999 9:54 am
Ah thanks Limbs :)

> i guess you mean can you tell what area the game came from by what speed the games play at..
> well, that wont work either because the hardware itself decides the speed (50/60 hz) not the game.
> in *most* cases, the data that makes up a game from the US is exactly the same as the one from euro.. - ie, both versions are identical - the manufactorers of the games shipped the same rom data to both areas

Fabricio (Animal)
Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 12:17 am
> Ok, another thing. For the SMS did European games have a 50hz Pal rating, and USA / JAp run at 60hz? Would that be a possible way to distinguish. Did BRazil have 60 or 50?

Brazil has 60hz.

Fabricio (Animal)
Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 1999 12:17 am

Brazil has 60hz.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!