Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Pepeole are nice...

Reply to topic
Pepeole are nice...
Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 6:12 am
Hi . i recently posted a reply on some other emulator forum . you must understand that english is NOT my native tongue . so in his reply to my reply ( confusing is`ent it ! ) , he said to read before ansering blindly... "ansering blindly" i said to myself...is he trying to look more inteligent than me ? what will this individual gain out of all this ? nothing ! i think that there are two kinds of pepeole hwo use emulators : those hwo play games (like me) and those hwo read all the documentation , read all the faq`s ect... and those same pepeole prowl these boards/forum like vultures looking for ther pray... now it`s these pepeole that is preventing inexperimented emulator players to fully enjoy toer games , they can`t get ther answers ! . on many boards/forum when a "newbie" ask`s an incomplete question like : gamepad don`t work... these same "experienced" assholes bitch the kid instead of asking something like : what gamepad do you have?...(i know this is what i do). no , this is nonsense . if we don`t respect each other , i think it is better to drop these boards/forum . when i post something (like this message) i usualy end up rewrighting parts of my message because im not shure of some words (damn typos!) so i end up posting something rather unarticulate sometimes... but i say to myself : better this than having a million replys like "learn to type..." because for me , nothing is worse than dweebs thinking they are better that me just because of the way i type something that is not even in french . tell you what . imagine if it where the other way around and french was the "universal" language on the internet . i would be in heaven and you would be in hell . i hate posting something and telling me "oh! if i make a mistake??? " because boards/forums is there to voice our opinions and ask help...simple as that! i`m fet up of all this bitching (shure , i sometimes drop to this level of iq...) so i`m not prefect , only if someone deserves it . i`m an old gamer that don`t have problems running meka and i don`t like to have a list of all the potential problems an emu can have so i can bitch other pepeole...in closing , if you have enough patience to have read all this , then you are probably more mature than you think , young kids would have read oh , about three words ( great attention span , kids these days ! ) and would have replied something like : man , your long message suck !... if they don`t like my messages , dont read them...if you understand this message well , it should sound like : "this guy`s opinion" of not , remember that this is not my native tongue and i rewrite some portions of it . better this than writing in french . if i write : les petit con qui se croie meilleur que moi , ca me rend dingue ! tout ce qu`il font , c`est repondre des truc technique , sans donner de reponse au probleme... : did you understamd what i just typed ? do you understand how i feel sometimes ? i`m here to voice my opinion and help others...(not harass them...).thank you for your time.
Man, your long message suck! ;) *text*
Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 3:19 pm
Hey man, I know what it's like.
Seriously, I think that people should read the documentation that came with the program, no matter what it is.
I hate people that don't read the instructions, it just majorly pisses me off.

French is a cool language.
I totally respect that you have difficulties in typing in English, and I respect what you do.
Thankfully, French and English share some similarities, so it's not too difficult to get the general idea of what is being said.

Don't worry about it Hamster Boy (hehe), You have the full support of the more intelligent members of the emulation community.

Hey, a cool universal language would be just a standard language, say, German, that is written by typing the letter *next* to the on that you mean, like instead of typing " T ", you would type " R ".
Ie n_vw bit,,, (Or maybe not...)
`ybdbjbvkcvk (~unfnknblvbl)
Re: Man, your long message suck! ;) *text*
Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 8:33 pm

Youre absolutely right about the documentation (about meka or any other emus/programs) , we should all read it . thats what i did for all of the emulators i use and for meka , it takes about five minutes or so (so no excuse pepeole...) . and we should be thankfull that zoop has made a great emu like this . i mean , i don`t have any problems right now (it`s the easyest one yet) . the only problem i had was prior to version 0.20 and was only the order of the buttons on my pad (they where mixed up , now it works like a charm) oh , and in version 0.20 , i had a small problem with FM sound ( *french* c`etait plus lent que de la melasse en janvier ) , but AFTER reading the text , i found that the problem was the line FM_SB_SPEED , wich zoop had droped the number for speed reasons (wich i understand , since doing this , meka had a sizeable speed boost...) was the cause so if any of you have problems with fm sound (if you lissen carefully , you will hear "holes" in certain games like : golvelius , power strike ect...) all you have to do is to edit meka.cfg , and go to the line fm_sb_speed and increase the number slowly up to the point that you hear all of the "instruments" (if you dont have aby problems , or don`t care about sound quality , then good for you) . we should also post all the tricks we find about meka like the secrets !!! (if anyone has found them...) i know i`l do it if i ever find one (like playing super mario brothers , i hate Ni****do but it will be a shot in the arm to them to see a Ni****do game playing in a sega program...) can`t wait to see that one. in closing , anyone found what " magic = 0 " does in meka.cfg ???. in the meantime , let`s continue to help eachother...
fAB
I totally agree with you (text)
Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 9:53 pm
I do agree that people should read the documentation, but it would be no problem for me to explain to someone what he/she should do if he/she has any problem. I think that's why I chose to be a teacher (well, I'm not a teacher yet, I've just completed my English course and I'm looking for a job as a teacher. But I'll improve myself more and more.), because I like explaining stuff to people.

However, you don't have to be a teacher to have a little patience and to not to flame someone just because he/she knows less than you do about, for example, emulation. It's ridiculous how you ask something to these guys and they say, "go read the docs, you asshole!" They could just say, "In the FAQ section of the file XXX.txt you can find the answer to your problem". Is it that difficult??

About the language issue, I'd like to say that I'm Brazilian and Brazilian people speak Portuguese. As many other foreigners (I mean, people who are not American), we suffer from a lot of prejudice because many of us don't speak and/or understand English. Some people here in Brazil say that we aren't obligated to speak English when talking to Americans, but that we should make them speak Portuguese. I don't think this would be nice. This way, we'd be doing the same thing they do. English as a "universal" language is a reality nowadays, we have to face it. In the 1800's, the dominating language was French, nowadays it's English. Some say that, in the future, it'll be Chinese. It depends on what country is more powerful economically and politically.

So, that's my message, Hamster Croustillant. I'd also like to say that I wanna learn French someday, you know, French and Portuguese are sister languages! It would be nice to learn French. :)

fAB

Thank you . and...
Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 1999 10:58 pm

Thank you for your kind words . and You`re right , french is a beautifull language . if we all work together , we can acheve anything . there are many more brazilian games that are not dumped (a lot of japanese games also *hint ! hint !*) . since i live in north america , almost all of the games are dumped . but you guys still have lots of games that need to be dumped (japan also) . if you or anyone you know can buy games that are not dumped (zoop can help you , just ask him) , it costs almost nothing to buy a used game to donate it to zoop so he can dump it for all of us to enjoy ( and you could be a registered user also , and get meka faster !!! ) ...you`re lucky , you can play games like daytona (won`t be the arcade game , but it must be fun nonetheless) and we can`t ! i`m shure that there are more great titles available ( know a couple of great games that you can tell us ? ) . on the japanese side , anyone reading ? if so , can anyone of you buy sms games for us ? ( you`l get registered for meka in the same process ) i know that in japan , used (and probably new , if you can find them) games are really cheap so PLEASE make a good action...(you can buy these for less that a hamburger . heck , you can get many more for the price of a fastfood meal so...) . in closing , if we all get our change out of our pockets (it`s not like it costs a million bucks !) all sms games will be dumped. and by doing this , i`m shure sega will like it . why you ask ? i think that this will be our commitment to them , proving that we still like ther games ! (not because they are free , we can get neogeo and arcade roms that are more advanced so to me it`s because sms games are cool ) . anyone want to help us , ??? thank you for your time...
About the FM thing..
Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 12:05 am
>all you have to do is to edit meka.cfg , and go to the line fm_sb_speed and increase the number slowly up to the point that you hear all of the "instruments" (if you dont have aby problems , or don`t care about sound quality , then good for you) .

Well, the value depend on the speed of your machine and it's soundcard.
2 seems to work well on my crappy p120.
fAB
Uh, sorry... What do you mean? (text)
Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 12:30 am
Sorry, I couldn't get everything you said... You said that Daytona was released for SMS? I didn't know that.

SMS cartridges are still sold here, and they're not that cheap (most recent ones at US$20 which is a lot, at least for me). Also, there aren't a lot of unreleased Brazilian games for the SMS. Brazilian games production is almost zero. Most of them are clones and translations. You guys are not missing anything. I do think, however, that in Japan there are a lot of unknown and/or undumped games, not only for the SMS. Hope they can be dumped anytime soon.

That's it, I hope you're fine there in the US.

fAB

Daytona`s not a brazilian sms cart ? bummer...
Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 1:48 am
Well then , that about sums it up . so it`s up to you japanese gamers then...
Re: Uh, sorry... What do you mean? (text)
Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 1999 11:44 am
Street Fighter 2' is a Tectoy production based on nothing and it is actually very good.
Many of the Tectoy engine are good, the problem usually being the crap graphics.
Tectoy also ported many new Game Gear to Master System, and Brazilian games in general are highly researched. Please tell me if you can find some.

> Sorry, I couldn't get everything you said... You said that Daytona was released for SMS? I didn't know that.
> SMS cartridges are still sold here, and they're not that cheap (most recent ones at US$20 which is a lot, at least for me). Also, there aren't a lot of unreleased Brazilian games for the SMS. Brazilian games production is almost zero. Most of them are clones and translations. You guys are not missing anything. I do think, however, that in Japan there are a lot of unknown and/or undumped games, not only for the SMS. Hope they can be dumped anytime soon.
> That's it, I hope you're fine there in the US.
fAB
Re: Uh, sorry... What do you mean? (text)
Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 1999 6:28 pm
I do know about Street Fighter II' for the SMS, it has not only crapy graphics, but also lousy controls. But, besides that, I don't think there is any other Brazilian original SMS game to be dumped, only old games in Portuguese and some clones.

Bye, Keep the good work Zoop!

fAB

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!