Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - vampire/master of darkness

Reply to topic
vampire/master of darkness
Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 1999 9:05 pm
Let me be the first to say that vampire/master of darkness kicks ass!
granted , they share a lot with castlevania , but in my opinion they are a LOT better.
you`re not stuck with the same weapon like castlevania (but , the wip was cool) and the boats are a nice break
for the action. ok , i`l admit that the ``masks`` replacing the candles kinda suck , but hey! hwo am i to juge...
music is good , not up to the level of castlevania (sounds better , but the beat is a little better in castlevana) ,
but great nonetheless.i also liked to be able to ``cwrall`` , a feat that i never could do in castlevania! witch
is nice.and , the theme of the game is a good one (ouija boards , vampires , demons , zombies ect...) , a
personal favorite of mine. so all in all , a verry enjoyable game (just downloaded it , can`t wait to finish it!!!).

p.s. those hwo still think that castlevania is better , your comments are welcome (just dont say :but sega copied
konami! castlevania was out first!!!! , because we already now that...
I forgot...
Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 1999 10:21 pm
> Let me be the first to say that vampire/master of darkness kicks ass!
> granted , they share a lot with castlevania , but in my opinion they are a LOT better.
> you`re not stuck with the same weapon like castlevania (but , the wip was cool) and the boats are a nice break
> for the action. ok , i`l admit that the ``masks`` replacing the candles kinda suck , but hey! hwo am i to juge...
> music is good , not up to the level of castlevania (sounds better , but the beat is a little better in castlevana) ,
> but great nonetheless.i also liked to be able to ``cwrall`` , a feat that i never could do in castlevania! witch
> is nice.and , the theme of the game is a good one (ouija boards , vampires , demons , zombies ect...) , a
> personal favorite of mine. so all in all , a verry enjoyable game (just downloaded it , can`t wait to finish it!!!).

> p.s. those hwo still think that castlevania is better , your comments are welcome (just dont say :but sega copied
> konami! castlevania was out first!!!! , because we already now that...

anyone now witch versions witch? i think ``master of darkness`` is the us , sanitised one , and ``vampire`` the cool europian one...
there is also the japanese game gear version named ``in the wake of the vampire``.
Limbs a Flyin'
Re: I forgot...
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 1999 3:37 am

> anyone now witch versions witch? i think ``master of darkness`` is the us , sanitised one , and ``vampire`` the cool europian one...
> there is also the japanese game gear version named ``in the wake of the vampire``.

Master of Darknes was the euro title, Vampire would be the jap title (i think)
the game was made in the wrong time frame to be released in the US

Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 1999 11:02 am
>
> > anyone now witch versions witch? i think ``master of darkness`` is the us , sanitised one , and ``vampire`` the cool europian one...
> > there is also the japanese game gear version named ``in the wake of the vampire``.

> Master of Darknes was the euro title, Vampire would be the jap title (i think)
> the game was made in the wrong time frame to be released in the US

There is no Japanese release, the game came out FAR too late for being a mark 3 game :)
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 1999 1:13 pm
> >
> > > anyone now witch versions witch? i think ``master of darkness`` is the us , sanitised one , and ``vampire`` the cool europian one...
> > > there is also the japanese game gear version named ``in the wake of the vampire``.

> > Master of Darknes was the euro title, Vampire would be the jap title (i think)
> > the game was made in the wrong time frame to be released in the US

> There is no Japanese release, the game came out FAR too late for being a mark 3 game :)

all of this is possible but what`s important is THE GAME KICKS ASS!!! (for me anyway...).
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!