Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Program for changing SMS ROMs header info

Reply to topic
Daniel Slotte
Program for changing SMS ROMs header info
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 12:00 pm
Hi,

What programme can one use to change the header info for SMS games? I've hunted around a bit, but havn't really found anything useful. I am asking cause the 'Miracle Warriors' rom's header is 'Miracle Warrior' and I am a perfectionist and I wanna change it :)

Thanks

Blizzard
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 1:41 pm
> Hi,

> What programme can one use to change the header info for SMS games? I've hunted around a bit, but havn't really found anything useful. I am asking cause the 'Miracle Warriors' rom's header is 'Miracle Warrior' and I am a perfectionist and I wanna change it :)

Actually if your a profectionist, you will want to remove the header. Someone can correct me if I am wrong (Zoop?) but I belive that no copiers added headers and that the vast majority of the games don't have them. Those that do were added after the fact. You can probably just muck around in the last 512bytes (or first 512bytes, wherever the info is) if a header exists because that data is not used by any emulator that I know of.

> Thanks

SpaceCowboy
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 2:21 pm
> What programme can one use to change the header info for SMS games? I've hunted around a bit, but havn't really found anything useful. I am asking cause the 'Miracle Warriors' rom's header is 'Miracle Warrior' and I am a perfectionist and I wanna change it :)

As far as I know, SMS games don't have headers. If you want to change the name, open meka.nam (in your meka directory) find all instances of 'Miracle Warrior' and change them to 'Miracle Warriors'. The next time you load the game, it should change to the right name.

Bye! :)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 6:05 pm
Header ? Which header ?
Miracle WarriorS name
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 6:06 pm
> > What programme can one use to change the header info for SMS games? I've hunted around a bit, but havn't really found anything useful. I am asking cause the 'Miracle Warriors' rom's header is 'Miracle Warrior' and I am a perfectionist and I wanna change it :)
> As far as I know, SMS games don't have headers. If you want to change the name, open meka.nam (in your meka directory) find all instances of 'Miracle Warrior' and change them to 'Miracle Warriors'. The next time you load the game, it should change to the right name.

Ah, you could have told me ;)
It's now fixed for next version of Meka.
Spinner 8
speaking of which..
Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 1999 10:45 pm
about the meka headers.. apparently my translated copy of phantasy star gaiden has a different checksum than yours, zoop.. nothing important, it just pisses me off! :) also, Last Bible 2 for GG should be Last Bible S.. that's all :(

Daniel Slotte
Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 1999 8:34 pm
> As far as I know, SMS games don't have headers. If you want to change the name, open meka.nam (in your meka directory) find all instances of 'Miracle Warrior' and change them to 'Miracle Warriors'. The next time you load the game, it should change to the right name.

> Bye! :)

Aha, I just assumed that they had something built into them like N64 ROM headers etc. Oh well :)

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!