Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Where can I get the rom "Phantasy Star (jap) (alt) - with FM music - SAT dump" ? (READ ZOOP)

Reply to topic
Marco Antônio
Where can I get the rom "Phantasy Star (jap) (alt) - with FM music - SAT dump" ? (READ ZOOP)
Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:53 pm
Where can I get the rom "Phantasy Star (jap) (alt) - with FM music - SAT dump ???

I don't know where to find this rom !! Can somemone help ?

Zoop said: "There is the real version on SMS Power."

But, where is it ????

Fabricio (Animal)
Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 1999 8:28 pm
> Where can I get the rom "Phantasy Star (jap) (alt) - with FM music - SAT dump ???

> I don't know where to find this rom !! Can somemone help ?

> Zoop said: "There is the real version on SMS Power."

> But, where is it ????

Are you talking about the Saturn version of Phantasy Star?
If yes, look at www.emucamp.com/dump_masters/

For those who don't know. There's a Saturn CD (only in Japan I think) called Phantasy Star Collection (right?) and it has the SMS version, and the 3 SMD versions.
This CDs uses a SMS->Saturn and a SMD->Saturn emulator to run these games. So, these ROMs can be played using a SMS and a SMD emulator.

If I'm wrong, someone, please correct this.

yeap!
Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 1999 1:29 am
> For those who don't know. There's a Saturn CD (only in Japan I think) called Phantasy Star Collection (right?) and it has the SMS version, and the 3 SMD versions.
> This CDs uses a SMS->Saturn and a SMD->Saturn emulator to run these games. So, these ROMs can be played using a SMS and a SMD emulator.

> If I'm wrong, someone, please correct this.

Yeap, you right! But you can just play the ps1 rom from Phantasy Star collection after changing some bits on it(the rom who are floating aroud already is fixed). Ps2 and Ps3 works fine in kgen98, but ps4 is split in 3 or 4 parts, and nobody(i think) discovered until now how to use it in genecyst/kgen
Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 1999 1:26 pm
> For those who don't know. There's a Saturn CD (only in Japan I think) called Phantasy Star Collection (right?) and it has the SMS version, and the 3 SMD versions.
> This CDs uses a SMS->Saturn and a SMD->Saturn emulator to run these games. So, these ROMs can be played using a SMS and a SMD emulator.
> If I'm wrong, someone, please correct this.

It's right, except that the PS1 rom on the CD is unusable as 256 bytes of it were blanked. A tool released by a Japanese guy a few months ago allow you to patch that ROM to make it run under emulator, and that's the ROM you can find on Dump Masters. The one released on SMS Power is an actual dump out of the Mark 3 version.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!