SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Limbs a Flyin'

Reply to topic
intresting bug (used as a
Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 12:04 pm
jump into the air and hold both the left and right buttons. you will find that wonderboy falls through the floor. this might not sound usefull, but when he reaches the bottom, he reappers at the top of the screen, and you can land on clouds and other platforms! (let go of left+right) when you want to stop.
however, falling through enimies can be very damaging.
not all clouds can be walked on (eg if they are partialy hidden behind a building, then they are just for backgroud decoration.)

tried it on massage, brsms and meka. it doesnt work on meka, so i assume it doesnt allow opposing directions to be used simultaneously.

Randall
Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 3:05 pm
Here's another one that pretty useful: Press pause about 45 times and you get free gold. If you
use a control pad on Meka, then one of the pad buttons acts as a rapid fire pause button. So
you can rack up the gold pretty quick.

Yap
Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 4:42 pm
> jump into the air and hold both the left and right buttons. you will find that wonderboy falls through the floor. this might not sound usefull, but when he reaches the bottom, he reappers at the top of the screen, and you can land on clouds and other platforms! (let go of left+right) when you want to stop.
> however, falling through enimies can be very damaging.
> not all clouds can be walked on (eg if they are partialy hidden behind a building, then they are just for backgroud decoration.)

> tried it on massage, brsms and meka. it doesnt work on meka, so i assume it doesnt allow opposing directions to be used simultaneously.

This works in a real Master System too! We just have to press and hold
the middle of the directional
Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 8:42 pm
> tried it on massage, brsms and meka. it doesnt work on meka, so i assume it doesnt allow opposing directions to be used simultaneously.

Yes it doesn't. That's wall I call real emulation ;)
Re: Yap
Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 8:43 pm
> This works in a real Master System too! We just have to press and hold
> the middle of the directional

Then your paddle is old or broken.
It shouldn't happen. Never.
Falcon
Old trick
Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 10:03 pm
> > This works in a real Master System too! We just have to press and hold
> > the middle of the directional

> Then your paddle is old or broken.
> It shouldn't happen. Never.

I never did the trick with an original SMS pad, but I'd often use Genesis controllers on my SMS. There are a handful of SMS games not compatible with the Genesis controller - WB2 is one of them. (Intended for use with the Power Base Converter, but works on the SMS the exact same way).

By having the Gen pad connected, Wonder Boy starts spinning (L&R together) - jump and he keeps scrolling off the screen until you remove the pad (so he can land). This was often a BIG help in that annoying jumping section on the final level.

Falcon

PrOfUnD
no no
Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 1999 2:49 am
> > This works in a real Master System too! We just have to press and hold
> > the middle of the directional

> Then your paddle is old or broken.
> It shouldn't happen. Never.

No..I teste with a lot of pads and it works everytime!! This trick also can be used in Half Pipe´s California Games to gain speed!

this is what happen
Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 1999 2:50 am
> I never did the trick with an original SMS pad, but I'd often use Genesis controllers on my SMS. There are a handful of SMS games not compatible with the Genesis controller - WB2 is one of them. (Intended for use with the Power Base Converter, but works on the SMS the exact same way).

> By having the Gen pad connected, Wonder Boy starts spinning (L&R together) - jump and he keeps scrolling off the screen until you remove the pad (so he can land). This was often a BIG help in that annoying jumping section on the final level.

> Falcon

This is exacly what happen when you hold the sms pad in the middle!
Limbs a Flyin'
whoops!
Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 1999 3:38 am
in case you didnt notice i mixed up the Name field with the Subject field.. oh well, it had to happen sooner or later ;p

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!