SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SMS Power goes political

Reply to topic
Bengt Lemne
SMS Power goes political
Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 1999 10:26 pm
Sorry about your Grandmother, Zoop, and I have to say I agree with what you say. GB and US (especially) want control so badly they forget why and so it continues. A lot of it has to do with domestic politics as well. The situation Palestine-Israel goes unresolved as well, thanks to US interests. I guess the best thing to do with the Iraq situation would be to stop the sanctions, when not under siege, democratic forces would get nouricement and sooner or later, things would change. Sometimes, I just wished everyone - everywhere would stop believing in God and we'd have no more silly conflicts. Perhaps or perhaps it would be like China...Any-hoo, nice ROM today.

Ballz
Control of what?
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 12:47 am
> Sorry about your Grandmother, Zoop, and I have to say I agree with what you say. GB and US (especially) want control so badly they forget why and so it continues.

What do you mean control? The United Nations (not just Britain and America, mind you) is sanctioning Iraq due to weapon development violations done by the government. Unless you want another full-scale war, there isn't much that can be done to put pressure on Hussein (whom I think everyone can agree, needs to go away). I give my condolences to Zoop for the loss of his grandmother, but you must look at the rationale behind what goes one instead of just your emotions.

>The situation Palestine-Israel goes unresolved as well, thanks to US interests.

Justify. The U.S. was responsible for several ground-breaking efforts to peace with Palestine and Israel... if there's anyone to blame to have slowed down the peace process, I'd point my finger at Israel's ex-Prime minister.

Greg Polander
I agree with you! (NT)
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 2:45 am

Bengt Lemne
Re: Control of what?
Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 1999 4:39 pm

I don't think they know what they want control over. But it seems mainly the U.S. policies towards foreign affairs are dictated by domestic issues. Isolating Iraq from the rest of the world only makes Mr. Hussein position stronger internally, as he can blame the big bad US devil for everything that is wrong.

The Palestine-Israel situation has been going on for a long time, much before any recent prime ministers. And the US have always backed Israel, financially and with weaponsmaking for a very explosive situation.

BTW, try to form your opinions based impartial facts, rather than political speeches made on behalf of the American public.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!