SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - name this game

Reply to topic
BlueboyX
name this game
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 5:31 pm
It was a '5 mega' game released for master system. I think it came in a red box instead of a white one.

It is a space shooter with a behind the ship perspective similar to starfox or space harrier. Each level has 3 rounds. In the first round you fly through an enemy planet's space defences. In the second round you fly over the surface of the planet fighting their surface defences. In the third round you fly into the planet itself and destroy the core.

You have only one life and a shield system that can take several hits before failing. You have infinite continues, except on the last level.

You keep blowing up planets like this until you destroyed the solar system(?!)

Then for the final level(it is only one round) you fight the enemy mothership in an asteroid belt. In this final level you cannot continue, which makes it extremely hard.

The reason I know so much of the game and not remember the name is because I rented it (like a decade ago :) I remember this game being extremely difficult. I imagine emu authors would want to analyse this rom since it is unusually large, but I just want to play it again ;> but I need the name to find it in an internet store(since i doubt this has been dumped).

well, thanks.

Randall Norman
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 5:40 pm
Galaxy Force, perhaps? Actually I remember Galaxy Force as being more like AfterBurner in space than Space Harrier.

BlueboyX
That's it! Thanks!
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 8:38 pm
> Galaxy Force, perhaps? Actually I remember Galaxy Force as being more like AfterBurner in space than Space Harrier.

I guess so. I never had after burner though, so I didnt think of it that way.

Thanks again for your help!

Re: That's it! Thanks! - About Galaxy Force..
Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 1999 10:24 am
> > Galaxy Force, perhaps? Actually I remember Galaxy Force as being more like AfterBurner in space than Space Harrier.

> I guess so. I never had after burner though, so I didnt think of it that way.

> Thanks again for your help!

but it's not a 5 Mega games..And BTW there was a code for unvulnerability... :)
Rain_1
BTW, the game is already dumped and avaliable arround the net (i've found it on altavista.. so.. it's not that uncommon).. *no
Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 1999 1:23 pm
ph33r altavista

Rain_1
More info on Galaxy Force.. and name this arcade game.. :P
Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 1999 1:35 pm
as i've already said, it is avaliable (dumped and working with minor glitches).. and the first time i saw the description, i've remembered of an old arcade game (altought i had the sms version).. and looks like there's a Arcade Galaxy Force II.. i've did a little research and found Galaxy Force II Genny and a Galaxy Force II Sarturn, but no info on the arcade version..
Here's what i remember of the arcae game: it's like galaxy force sms, but you could change your speed (like in afterburner).. it had a nice and big cabin, andd nice gfx... any ideias if it is Galaxy Force II? :D

[]'s, and sorry for the little "off topic".. :)

BlueboyX
found it (text)
Post Posted: Sat Jul 31, 1999 4:45 pm
Yeah, I found the rom on the net, and I just got a real copy of it from ebay for $6.50, so thank you for your help. I couldn't have gotten it without your help.

I wanted to get a copy of the real rom because I have a game gear with a master gear converter (it lets you play master system games on game gear flawlessly). This is probably a fun game to play on the go because it has a stage select (except for reaching the last level ;)

BTW, this is a '4 mega' game, at least that is what it says on the box. (refering to 4 mega bits) The file size is 512k (space harrier is a '2 mega' game and is 256k).

On a side note: whenever I compile a 'hello world' program with allegro, it is about 250k... So this is how programming technology has improved!? ;>

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!