SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Meka AWE64 Sound problems

Reply to topic
The Sky Baby
Meka AWE64 Sound problems
Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 1999 5:11 pm
A lot of people have been complaining about problems with the AWE64 under MEKA - I believe the problem is associated with the AWE and not a problem with Meka

Both myself and several other coders have been having problems with the AWE64 and Direct Sound - lots of feedback - so I think that the card has lots of errors

If any one has got meka working fine with an AWE64 then your input into this problem would be useful

what version of Drivers you are using would be usefull so people can try them instead of what they are using..

Randall Norman
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 3:25 am
> what version of Drivers you are using would be usefull so people can try them instead of what they are using..

I have the AWE64 card which seems to work fine with Meka.

Here is some info from the DirectX info program:

Sound
Card name : Creative Sound Blaster 16 Plug and Play
Wave Out Device: AWE64 Wave Out [220]
PnP or PCI ID : ISAPNPCTL00C3_DEV0000198573FE
Driver : sb16snd.drv
Version : 4.38.00.0013 "4.38.13" Final Retail
Date and Size : 06/24/98 04:38:12 103392 bytes
Current files : sb16snd.drv, sb16.vxd( 3-24-1997)

First of all, look at the card name...it says Sound Blaster 16. Does this mean I'm running ordinary SB16 drivers on
an AWE64 card? I would expect that the card name should read 'AWE64' rather than what's shown.

When I first installed win98, my sound card was detected and setup by windows. It was capable of playing sound,
but it sounded terrible until I installed the drivers of the AWE64 CD. According the the device manager, the sound
card hardware version is 1.0.10. The driver date is 3-24-1997.

Maybe someone could post the version numbers from a setup that isn't working. Then I'll see if I can duplicate it.

Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 6:30 am

> First of all, look at the card name...it says Sound Blaster 16. Does this mean I'm running ordinary SB16 drivers on
> an AWE64 card? I would expect that the card name should read 'AWE64' rather than what's shown.

nope, thats correct. the digital sound part of the card is sb16 based. i believe that it has better stereo sound tho ( in this case it means the real sb16 has inferior stereo).

where the panning on the sb16 seems limited to a certain amount of positions, the awe can pan more smoothly; even though they are %100 compatible. so an awe is more than a sb16 with wavetable, you see

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!