SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Bandwidth situation

Reply to topic
Flux
Bandwidth situation
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 3:52 am
Maybe the mirrors should be the main sources of sms power's releases and the sms power web page shouldn't even host the roms. Just a thought.

Kelesis
I agree
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 5:59 am
> Maybe the mirrors should be the main sources of sms power's releases and the sms power web page shouldn't even host the roms. Just a thought.

If this site were to disappear, well that would totally suck. I love this site, and I can't say enough about the hard work that Zoop puts into emulation. You are doing great, Zoop. I wish I could afford to support, but my present finances will not allow it for now. In the future, when I finally get out of school, you can count on my financial support. Keep the faith!

PolarBoy
Re: I disagree
Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 1999 9:52 am
> Maybe the mirrors should be the main sources of sms power's releases and the sms power web page shouldn't even host the roms. Just a thought.

Unless Zoop had access to the mirror servers for ftp it could mean waiting, where as at least he can update his files real time. Also if every true SMS fan who comes to this site was to donate a mere dollar, say for regestration of Meka I am sure Zoop could get a super duper server, maybe even a domain. I bet Zoop has nes_sux.com booked already. I can see SMS power really expanding over the next few months if they can get by the usual hosting probs and that can only be good for everyone. So lets just all send Zoop a dollar or even an old cart he could maybe sell on.

P-Strife
Re: I disagree
Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 1999 2:45 am
> > Maybe the mirrors should be the main sources of sms power's releases and the sms power web page shouldn't even host the roms. Just a thought.
> Unless Zoop had access to the mirror servers for ftp it could mean waiting, where as at least he can update his files real time. Also if every true SMS fan who comes to this site was to donate a mere dollar, say for regestration of Meka I am sure Zoop could get a super duper server, maybe even a domain. I bet Zoop has nes_sux.com booked already. I can see SMS power really expanding over the next few months if they can get by the usual hosting probs and that can only be good for everyone. So lets just all send Zoop a dollar or even an old cart he could maybe sell on.

I also agree to disagree here. Without SMS Power hosting the releases where will you go if the Mirror sites themsleves disappear. Personally I download from FNM's Mirror site which I found has quick connection time unlike SMS Power now which is slow as can be.

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!