SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Duke 3D on the Genesis?

Reply to topic
Daniel McPhee
Duke 3D on the Genesis?
Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 1999 4:03 am
Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of info on this... also, any other games that were ported later to systems you'd never think could handle them?

I was really suprised to see Street Fighter II on the SMS! Was this only released in Brazil or something?

nictuku
Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 1999 8:00 am

> Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of info on this... also, any other games that were ported later to systems you'd never think could handle them?

> I was really suprised to see Street Fighter II on the SMS! Was this only released in Brazil or something?

Yes . SF2 was released by TecToy, only in Brazil.
I guess it was dumped by dumpmasters

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 1999 9:44 pm
> > I was really suprised to see Street Fighter II on the SMS! Was this only released in Brazil or something?
> Yes . SF2 was released by TecToy, only in Brazil.
> I guess it was dumped by dumpmasters

My guess is that it was dumped by SMS Power.
Fabricio
Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 4:10 am
> > > I was really suprised to see Street Fighter II on the SMS! Was this only released in Brazil or something?
> > Yes . SF2 was released by TecToy, only in Brazil.
> > I guess it was dumped by dumpmasters

> My guess is that it was dumped by SMS Power.

You both are correct :)
It was dumped by SMS Power and Dump Masters. Zoop waited until DumpMasters dump their cartdrige, them they released this ROM together, but DumpMasters version has 1 wrong bit (that doesn't change anything when you're playing). So, there are two dumps for SF2.

And Tec Toy released some other games here in Brazil until 1997, including two with Mickey Mouse, Castelo Rá-Tim-Bum (dumped by DumpMasters) and some other. Check www.tectoy.com.br to find some information.

Reiver
Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 6:15 pm

> Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of info on this... also, any other games that were ported later to systems you'd never think could handle them?

> I was really suprised to see Street Fighter II on the SMS! Was this only released in Brazil or something?

Actually I have the rom of Duke Nukem 3D for Genesis, although I believe it is a beta (maybe not?)...it's not very good compared to the PC version, but hey, it's not bad, considering the system it's on!

The Chaos Emerald
Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 1999 5:20 am

It's an... interesting game. However, if you want to get the full effect, you _NEED_ to play the game on DGen, as Duke 3D took advantage of a horizontal blur bug in the Genesis, that only DGen emulates with it's Crap TV emulation. If you don't use CTV, Duke3D looks like crap.

Daniel McPhee
Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 1999 1:43 pm
Really? Is it floating around anywhere? I'd really love to see it...

Limbs a Flyin'
Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 1999 2:20 pm

> Really? Is it floating around anywhere? I'd really love to see it...

yes, its about. it seems to be the final thing (mind you i havent spent more that 5 mins playing it). i think it was released (on the net, not the cart ;) a few months ago.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 08, 1999 6:48 pm
> You both are correct :)
> It was dumped by SMS Power and Dump Masters. Zoop waited until DumpMasters dump their cartdrige, them they released this ROM together, but DumpMasters version has 1 wrong bit (that doesn't change anything when you're playing). So, there are two dumps for SF2.

Actually, I do not want to start a crap war but I have several reasons to think Dump Masters never dumped SF2.

First reason is that I gave ViperZ the ROM the day before he released it, and he really wanted to make it a Dump Masters release. Second, and most important is that the hardware and software combinaison he is using completely prevent him to dump one megabyte cartridges. Last thing that worry me is that a few days ago (when I had to rewrite the dumping software for the only purpose of dumping a one megabyte cartridge, Sitio), I asked ViperZ about how he dumped SF2 and even after insisting, he didn't told me and he seemed confused. And for some reason he have Sitio and VF Animation (also one megabyte) but didn't succeeded in dumping these games. Only SF2 (which dump with the same settings as Sitio).
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!