Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - I need Meka controller help.....can anyone help? (more)

Reply to topic
Wraith
I need Meka controller help.....can anyone help? (more)
Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 1999 5:09 am
I'm using a gravis gamepad pro (identical to a psx controller), and it works, but i can't get the assigned buttons to change. Meka seems to want to use two of the buttons on the front of the controller (the ones you use with your index finger), but i want two of the four thumb-controlled buttons on the top of the controller to be the assigned buttons. What do I do?

TOZTWO
Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 1999 8:39 am
> I'm using a gravis gamepad pro (identical to a psx controller), and it works, but i can't get the assigned buttons to change. Meka seems to want to use two of the buttons on the front of the controller (the ones you use with your index finger), but i want two of the four thumb-controlled buttons on the top of the controller to be the assigned buttons. What do I do?

Well first of all, I don't have a Gravis joypad, so I haven't tested this. Use Windows Explorer to open Meka.cfg in Notepad. Then you will have to edit some text. Scroll down to the part that looks like this.

-----< JOYPAD/JOYSTICK >-----------------------------------------------------
joypad_type = auto
player_1_use_joypad = 1
player_2_use_joypad = 0
(Available joystick types are: auto, 2b, 4b, 6b, 8b, dual, fspro, wingex,
wingwar, sidewinder, gravis, sneslpt1, sneslpt2 and sneslpt3)
(Be sure to set one of the use_joypad variable to 1)
joypad_1_map = 1, 0, 2
joypad_2_map = 1, 0, 2
(First value is button 1, second is button 2, and third is pause/start)

Try changeing the joypad_type = auto, so that it says joypad_type = gravis. If that doesn't work, then try changeing the joystick_type to each of the different types, until it works. After trying all of this, if it is still not working right, then change the button mapping in your controllers configuration file, or configuration wizard.

TOZTWO

Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!