SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - It feels odd

Reply to topic
Mecha Godzilla
It feels odd
Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:14 am
To listen to Simple Minds "Don´t you (forget about me)" and David Bowie´s "Lets Dance" while playing Shinobi... I was just doing that and those songs suddenly poped on a radion that rarely plays that kind of music. I felt so... back in time. I felt just like when I used to play Shinobi back in the late eighties. I feel so fucking good I had to tell someone.

finaldave
thought so!
Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:01 am
> To listen to Simple Minds "Don´t you (forget about me)" and David Bowie´s "Lets Dance" while playing Shinobi... I was just doing that and those songs suddenly poped on a radion that rarely plays that kind of music. I felt so... back in time. I felt just like when I used to play Shinobi back in the late eighties. I feel so fucking good I had to tell someone.

I thought that might create a weird nostalgia actually myself!!
To test it I played Ghouls and Ghosts and then played a song from 1992 at the same time... no effect though.
I reckon listening to say "Lets Dance" and playing a game from the same year should create a kind of double-nostalgia thing.

Anyone else get that? Or am I just mental?! ;) (dont answer that...)

lalalaa
Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:21 pm
> > To listen to Simple Minds "Don´t you (forget about me)" and David Bowie´s "Lets Dance" while playing Shinobi... I was just doing that and those songs suddenly poped on a radion that rarely plays that kind of music. I felt so... back in time. I felt just like when I used to play Shinobi back in the late eighties. I feel so fucking good I had to tell someone.

>
> I thought that might create a weird nostalgia actually myself!!
> To test it I played Ghouls and Ghosts and then played a song from 1992 at the same time... no effect though.
> I reckon listening to say "Lets Dance" and playing a game from the same year should create a kind of double-nostalgia thing.

> Anyone else get that? Or am I just mental?! ;) (dont answer that...)

For some strange reason, whenever I hear "Joyride" by Roxette I come to think of playing Ys on the Master System. Don't really know why because I have never listened much to Roxette.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!