SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Rainy afternoon

Reply to topic
Rainy afternoon
Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:14 pm
Hello!

Waiting for the competition, I have taken advantage of the rainy afternoon here in Malaga to make a couple of utilities that I think I will need for whatever I am going to do in the new project... and maybe it will be useful for someone, or to be included in the usual development libraries.

The first one is the inclusion of the 8x16 repeated tile removal logic in png2tile (yes yes, I know I did it for bmp2tile a while ago) but I've moved away from windows to Manjaro, and I wanted to avoid wine for all the tools.

The other one is a little utility I wanted to do for a long time, which is a tilemap -> gslib metatiles+scrolltable. Simply, insert a tilemap.bin generated by bmp2tile or png2tile and it will create the 2 files needed for gslib (that is, you have the palette and the tiles from bmp2tile, and the metatiles and the scrolltable from this utility).

The issue is that it is very problematic to run the UGT utility included in gslib (because of the need to have javafx), so I think this utility, as little as is, is very interesting to promote the use of gslib.

Normally, I handle the collision and sprite hiding tables separately from the tilemap info, so for me it is ideal, but if someone wants to improve it... is welcome.

Regards.
utils.zip (93.77 KB)
src code for both utils

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:16 pm
PD. "Rainy Afternoon" would be a nice title for a casual game! xD
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!