Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Ripping assets from a GG title - Arena; Maze of Death

Reply to topic
Ripping assets from a GG title - Arena; Maze of Death
Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:29 am
So, I am busy working on ripping maps from Arena Maze of Death right now, and I wanted to share my progress thus far. However, this task is incredibly tedious and I know I am missing elements from the maps, so I also require some assistance, just need the following things provided:
1. A Noclip cheat
2. An infinite ammo cheat (So I can clear enemies easier)
3. Immortality cheat
4. More people working on ripping stuff

I'll take whatever people can provide me, I am using MEKA to handle ripping large amounts of sprites and Aseprite to handle polishing and guessing missing tiles. I am hoping I can get all maps ripped before Summer 2024
WIP Arena ripping.png (96.52 KB)
My progress thus far
WIP Arena ripping.png

• Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:40 am
I worked on mapping this game years ago and it basically killed my game mapping hobby because it rapidly becomes physically impossible as parts of the world stop lining up with each other and laying it out as an exploded view meant some crazy large images which taxed my computer at the time. I’ll see if I can dig up the images.

I also made the password generator and found the cheats at https://www.smspower.org/Cheats/ArenaMazeOfDeath-GG which I guess are close enough to infinite lives and ammo. I failed to hack it for noclip/free scroll and I also failed to hack it to make the enemies stay still, which is where I eventually stopped because of enemies that rush towards you from far off-screen in later levels.
Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:50 am
Maxim wrote
I worked on mapping this game years ago and it basically killed my game mapping hobby because it rapidly becomes physically impossible as parts of the world stop lining up with each other and laying it out as an exploded view meant some crazy large images which taxed my computer at the time. I’ll see if I can dig up the images.

I also made the password generator and found the cheats at URL which I guess are close enough to infinite lives and ammo. I failed to hack it for noclip/free scroll and I also failed to hack it to make the enemies stay still, which is where I eventually stopped because of enemies that rush towards you from far off-screen in later levels.

Yeah, I found that out myself, but I am willing to settle for slightly offset graphics in exchange for just having the maps, well, available. Besides, the remaster I plan on doing intends to use 3D models with crisp pixel textures for the maps, so I am just gonna use what I rip for reference anyways.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!